Groups

Chargebacks: Visa Debit Chargeback @ Abbey

I wish to do a chargeback as i never recieved my item from a seller on eBay and they refuse to refund my monies.

I have a visa debit at Abbey and if anyone could be kind enough to guide me through the process, i'd be forever grateful!

12 Comments

01908 344287 (Abbey Visa Disputes Team)

wrong place to list

Usually the threat is enough. Just make sure they know your serious, tell them the form is on it's way.

Meangreenie;3395663

Usually the threat is enough. Just make sure they know your serious, tell … Usually the threat is enough. Just make sure they know your serious, tell them the form is on it's way.

agreed.

Banned

what is for sale ?

you really need to go through paypal they will refund you. (I presume you used your card via paypal)

Banned

his abbey account is for sale

You can't chargeback a debit card. HSBC told me this after I was £250 out of pocket. It only works with CREDIT cards.

kyalion;3395750

You can't chargeback a debit card. HSBC told me this after I was £250 out … You can't chargeback a debit card. HSBC told me this after I was £250 out of pocket. It only works with CREDIT cards.

abbey are one of a few banks who support this for debit cards on behalf of Visa.

shanecr;3395767

abbey are one of a few banks who support this for debit cards on behalf … abbey are one of a few banks who support this for debit cards on behalf of Visa.

Well fair play to them, and knickers to HSBC :w00t:

Original Poster

Paypal has only got me 2p refunded as it's all he has in his account... Doubt i'll get any more. I threatened to do a chargeback but he doesn't reply to emails.

I'm not too good on phones, is there a form i can print, fill and send or an email address?

Thanks guys

You can get your money back via the VISA system, several major banks who offer the VISA on their debit cards are members of the VISA Debit Guarantee system. Similar, although not identical to the Credit Card scheme, you can file a transsaction dispute via your Debit Card Issuer in order to have the transaction reversed, I am going thru this process at the moment with the PayPal VISA Prepay card. Dont expect immediate results though unless your Card Issuer is very proactive and fights your case more agressively. It can take some time.

As long as the transaction date is less than 120 days from your dispute claim date then the process can be initiated.

I would try filing a dispute with PayPal first though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      4. What do these 2 men have in common69

See more discussions