Groups

charger problems anyone?

my sons charging looks fine when it is plugged in it lights up as if all is working but it is not charging the actual laptop can anyone help with any suggestions thank you.

19 Comments

This has been happening with my mobile phone. Somehow you need to work out if its a problem with the charger or with the laptop connection or the laptop battery. Would help if you had another charger to try with and/or another battery.
    With me its just been hit and miss plugging in and banging the plug. Sometimes it works

could be the power jackplug in the actual lap top, i had a Dell laptop do this, the solder joints break on the plug, i did manage to wiggle it and got it working, but decided to see if i could solder it myself, it now no longer works ! that'll teach me to mess around with stuff i dont know anything about :x

Original Poster

we have 2 of the same laptops and after trying different things it seems the brick part is lighting up but not actually charging

Original Poster

it is plugged in now and lit up but not charging

wulshaz;7119755

we have 2 of the same laptops and after trying different things it seems … we have 2 of the same laptops and after trying different things it seems the brick part is lighting up but not actually charging

the BRICK would be your battery then.....................

wulshaz;7119759

it is plugged in now and lit up but not charging

If its lit up that may suggest that it recognises charger is plugged so could be the battery

wickedteen;7119768

the BRICK would be your battery then.....................

i think she may mean the brick part being the square part of the charger with the little green/red light in it.

Original Poster

yes the square thing is lit up but not actually charging the other part is fine as i have swapped them with the other laptops wires ect

wulshaz;7119806

yes the square thing is lit up but not actually charging the other part … yes the square thing is lit up but not actually charging the other part is fine as i have swapped them with the other laptops wires ect

Try swapping the batteries. See if the problem moves to other laptop.
    If it does be happy you have cured the problem and say nothing ;-) :whistling:

Original Poster

WoolyM;7119782

If its lit up that may suggest that it recognises charger is plugged so … If its lit up that may suggest that it recognises charger is plugged so could be the battery

yeh it does light up but when its plugged into laptop it does nothing :?

Original Poster

WoolyM;7119836

Try swapping the batteries. See if the problem moves to other laptop. If … Try swapping the batteries. See if the problem moves to other laptop. If it does be happy you have cured the problem and say nothing ;-) :whistling:

yeh i have swapped it all about and it appears to be the square one that isnt working even though its lit up and i havent a clue obviously! lol

check your warranty stuff. If you are lucky it might be covered.

Original Poster

nah we bought it from woolies about a month before they shut!

back to earlier suggestion then

You can buy batteries as a spare part but be sure its the battery before you go down that route

Original Poster

thanks for your help i havent a clue where to start looking and i wont go near ebay just in case!

Banned

wulshaz;7119878

nah we bought it from woolies about a month before they shut!

as long as you have receipt contact medion

and be careful with ebay, purchased a charger from there and it fried my laptop

Original Poster

sassie;7119934

as long as you have receipt contact medionand be careful with ebay, … as long as you have receipt contact medionand be careful with ebay, purchased a charger from there and it fried my laptop

thanks sassie thats why i dont want to go to ebay

Banned

woolies aint been gone a year yet have they? so surely its under warranty

Original Poster

yeh got the laptops about july 08
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.11
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563833
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941356
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691433

See more discussions