Expired

Charging PS3 controller via mains?

Found 14th Feb 2013
Is there a way to charge my ps3 controllers from a mains usb plug? I have tried the usb plugs from various phone and camera chargers but nothing has ever worked. Is there a particular charger that would work? Preferably one that would charge a Sony Pulse headset too. Had a look on Amazon but nothing...
Community Updates
AskGaming ControllerPS3
8 Comments
If you have a sky box with a USB socket that can be used to charge a controller by USB apparently. Provided the skybox only goes to standby and is not powered off at the mains.

I have a home media server with USB ports that we use to charge up our PS3 devices.

You can also get charging stations that charge the PS3 controllers from mains. I've never used one but I understand they work quite well.
You obviously didn't look very hard on amazon, google is your friend.
amazon.co.uk/Dua…url
We've got the official playstation ac adapter. You can charge two things at a time: controllers, headsets, keyboard, move controllers etc
Amazon link

Edited by: "summerjoo" 14th Feb 2013
Madwak55

You obviously didn't look very hard on amazon, google is your … You obviously didn't look very hard on amazon, google is your friend.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-Controller-Charger-Mains-Powered/dp/B001C9ZF7Q/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

I didnt ask for a charging dock.

Astec123

If you have a sky box with a USB socket that can be used to charge a … If you have a sky box with a USB socket that can be used to charge a controller by USB apparently. Provided the skybox only goes to standby and is not powered off at the mains.I have a home media server with USB ports that we use to charge up our PS3 devices.You can also get charging stations that charge the PS3 controllers from mains. I've never used one but I understand they work quite well.

The sky box usb may come in handy. I will try it, thanks.
Edited by: "seezyf" 14th Feb 2013
summerjoo

We've got the official playstation ac adapter. You can charge two things … We've got the official playstation ac adapter. You can charge two things at a time: controllers, headsets, keyboard, move controllers etcAmazon link

Seems a bit steep but looks like what I need. Will give it a go. Thanks.
The one I linked to comes with a mains charger and does the same thing but only charges the controllers so if you need to charge anything else you will have to get the more expensive one. Oh and by the way if you had googled it you would have found out that USB chargers for phones etc only have the outer two pins connected but a ps3 controller needs the inner two pins connected as well to receive a handshake signal from the charger that's why they don't work.
summerjoo

We've got the official playstation ac adapter. You can charge two things … We've got the official playstation ac adapter. You can charge two things at a time: controllers, headsets, keyboard, move controllers etcAmazon link

wow - £20!!

this does exactly the same for £2.20

play.com/Ele…rch
Astec123

If you have a sky box with a USB socket that can be used to charge a … If you have a sky box with a USB socket that can be used to charge a controller by USB apparently. Provided the skybox only goes to standby and is not powered off at the mains.I have a home media server with USB ports that we use to charge up our PS3 devices.You can also get charging stations that charge the PS3 controllers from mains. I've never used one but I understand they work quite well.

ps3 controller didnt charge from my sky hd box, neither did my sony pulse headphones
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions