Groups

Charities

I am not calling anyone a liar AT ALL....but it is interesting how many charity "can you give me xxxxxxxxxx for free because I am a charity" threads...just wondered if anyone else thought this was a bit odd/dodgy

(I have just had a quick look and not noticed any on my search today as yet...so this post is not aimed at anyone in particular)

Just wondered peoples opinions...

14 Comments

Original Poster

............or has it always been the same and I'm just realising it more?:?

I am a firm beliver in charity begins at home. But saying that i dont mind giving things away that i no longer use. I dont like giving cash away though. My OH laughs at me as i have a save the lifeboat sticker in my car. She asked where i got it from, and i said through the post it looks good and it gives them some free adverstiment. I had to laugh as i sold my car that i had for 5 years with the sticker in and when i got my new one about 3 weeks later i got sent another. Spooky!

Original Poster

leecroot;5331886

I am a firm beliver in charity begins at home. But saying that i dont … I am a firm beliver in charity begins at home. But saying that i dont mind giving things away that i no longer use. I dont like giving cash away though. My OH laughs at me as i have a save the lifeboat sticker in my car. She asked where i got it from, and i said through the post it looks good and it gives them some free adverstiment. I had to laugh as i sold my car that i had for 5 years with the sticker in and when i got my new one about 3 weeks later i got sent another. Spooky!

yeah, Im not meaning at all that I dont believe in charity, I would happily give to a registered charity, although would be happier to give time and objects than mere cash. The thread is aimes more at people requesting certain things, and saying they are looking for it for free/cheap as they are doing something for charity. Most of the such threads dont contain any details about the charity in question neither, I dont think I would give things away on here purely because someone says its for a charity event etc as im slightly sceptical.
    Lol that is odd about the car stickers...guess someone has been spying on you...I guess the new sticker is now in the new car?

lil_tiger;5331932

yeah, Im not meaning at all that I dont believe in charity, I would … yeah, Im not meaning at all that I dont believe in charity, I would happily give to a registered charity, although would be happier to give time and objects than mere cash. The thread is aimes more at people requesting certain things, and saying they are looking for it for free/cheap as they are doing something for charity. Most of the such threads dont contain any details about the charity in question neither, I dont think I would give things away on here purely because someone says its for a charity event etc as im slightly sceptical.Lol that is odd about the car stickers...guess someone has been spying on you...I guess the new sticker is now in the new car?

Ha Ha yes put it straight on the back window.

It's the same as freecycle, every time I offer something on there someone replies who is either;

A Charity
    Looks after disabled children
    Is Disabled themselves

or a combination of above. Unless they provide proof I don't even consider them, harsh but I find it hard to believe there are so many charities who needed my toaster or whatever.

I didn't think charity threads were allowed on here anyway as it is seen as soliciting?

Sorry Lil Tiger - I am behind you and your sentiments for what its worth.
    xxx

Original Poster

RedIron;5332038

I didn't think charity threads were allowed on here anyway as it is seen … I didn't think charity threads were allowed on here anyway as it is seen as soliciting?

I dont think people are allowed to ask for donations, but there seem to be loads asking for items lately.
    I thought I was going to get a very hostile response to this thread after the first comment :?

Original Poster

...how come some of the comments have been deleted?

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5332473

rofl:p

???

lil_tiger;5332539

???

It means Roll On the Floor Laughing :-D

HTH :thumbsup:

lil_tiger;5332085

I dont think people are allowed to ask for donations, but there seem to … I dont think people are allowed to ask for donations, but there seem to be loads asking for items lately. I thought I was going to get a very hostile response to this thread after the first comment :?

Surely it's the same whether you're asking for money or donations?

I think the items are worse as if you ask for money as long as they have a just giving site you know for sure that the money you give is going straight to the charity. Whereas with items you don't really know what is happening with them.

The only way i'd give an item to a charity through this site (or 99% of sites) is if they can provide a registered charity number and I send the goods direct to their registered address from that.

Original Poster

grex9101;5332565

It means Roll On the Floor Laughing :-DHTH :thumbsup:

I know what it means thanks, I was questioning the use

lil_tiger;5332766

I know what it means thanks, I was questioning the use

ooooooooooooOOOOO0000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

:whistling::-D

Anyone who gives anything to those that post that on here................don't forget to check eBay a few days later to see what they got for it. :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions