Charity shoe box/ present appeals

23 replies
Found 27th Sep 2016
I am still thinking about that fill a shoe box with toys for poor kids at Christmas thread that appears to have vanished off the radar now.

I know people poured scorn on the charity in the original thread but does anyone know any more that are doing the same thing?, I am thinking it would be a good thing for schools to get involved in, they could do one or two shoeboxs per class with each child tasked with getting a particular item for the box such as crayons or soft toy.

I want to suggest it to my kids school but I wanted more charity suggestions first, you never know the school might do it.

1. Misc
  2. Shoe
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Shoe
23 Comments

Sloth/Mod

My kids schools have always done this every year at Christmas. Different charity/cause each year but always for similar ages children. It's a great thing. If you google you'll find various places that run shoebox appeals.

Isn't this what Google was invented for?

Banned

For every comment you receive I shall donate £10.

To my Christmas alcohol fund.

Banned

RossD89

Isn't this what Google was invented for?

Google is 18 today as well, perfect idea Ross.

Banned

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/44/d9/00/44d900af66bec176714f973deb1da15b.jpg

MrScotchBonnet

For every comment you receive I shall donate £10.To my Christmas alcohol … For every comment you receive I shall donate £10.To my Christmas alcohol fund.

You could always do a sponsored silence?
You can stick me down for a quid. X)
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 27th Sep 2016

Banned

OldEnglish

You could always do a sponsored silence. You can stick me down for a … You could always do a sponsored silence. You can stick me down for a quid. X)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/80/3d/b4803d5fe43dcc0fd35610eac86d6039.jpg

Original Poster

OldEnglish

You could always do a sponsored silence?You can stick me down for a quid. … You could always do a sponsored silence?You can stick me down for a quid. X)

Me too, put me down for £2

Error440

Me too, put me down for £2

We might need a bigger shoe box. X)
http://blog.epromos.com/images/adidas-giant-shoebox.jpg

Banned

OldEnglish

We might need a bigger shoe box. X)

Well at least I've raised £3 so far. £3 more than your shoebox appeal.

http://www.andpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Charlie-Sheen_Winning.gif

MrScotchBonnet

Keep at it.

youtube.com/wat…IDg

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

When are ya gonna shut up then?

Banned

Error440

When are ya gonna shut up then?

MrScotchBonnet

For every comment you receive I shall donate £10.To my Christmas alcohol … For every comment you receive I shall donate £10.To my Christmas alcohol fund.

Well you'll only need one comment to be bladdered all Christmas you lightweight X)

stuarthanley

This one?

While the whole 'shoebox' thing maybe an inefficient way of giving if you have read the suggestions of things to put in them they are not all that bad

thewongwing101

While the whole 'shoebox' thing maybe an inefficient way of giving if you … While the whole 'shoebox' thing maybe an inefficient way of giving if you have read the suggestions of things to put in them they are not all that bad

My link was because error said the other thread had vanished, that's all.
I agree that useful stuff would be ideal but the Ops original list (on the other thread) was 90% tat.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

My link was because error said the other thread had vanished, that's all. … My link was because error said the other thread had vanished, that's all. I agree that useful stuff would be ideal but the Ops original list (on the other thread) was 90% tat.

It maybe tat to you but I think its something a kid would enjoy far more then a pack of water purification tablets, and that goes both for the school kids building the box and the ones receiving it, kids needs toys and stuff.

Error440

It maybe tat to you but I think its something a kid would enjoy far more … It maybe tat to you but I think its something a kid would enjoy far more then a pack of water purification tablets, and that goes both for the school kids building the box and the ones receiving it, kids needs toys and stuff.

Yes. A bath sponge and a colouring book will make all the difference to a child living in a ditch.

Subscribed cos I am really thinking about doing something like this

Banned

Error440

It maybe tat to you but I think its something a kid would enjoy far more … It maybe tat to you but I think its something a kid would enjoy far more then a pack of water purification tablets, and that goes both for the school kids building the box and the ones receiving it, kids needs toys and stuff.

If you don't drink enough water, your blood pressure can drop to dangerous levels. Because blood carries oxygen throughout your body, your organs, like your heart and brain, would start to fail due to the lack of oxygen. Additionally, lack of water would also cause the concentration of electrolytes, such as sodium, to increase in your blood, which would cause seizures and comas.

Must be awful being that thirsty but too scared to drink the water because you don't want to develop typhoid fever or cholera.

But yeah, crayons sound cool instead of the water purification tablets.

Banned

stuarthanley

Yes. A bath sponge and a colouring book will make all the difference to … Yes. A bath sponge and a colouring book will make all the difference to a child living in a ditch.

Haha. Seriously though, I've been to V&A toy museum and there are toys cars made by African kids constructed from wire coat hangers. Not all African kids are on death's door. Kids will be kids wherever they are
Edited by: "cchopps" 27th Sep 2016

Original Poster

cchopps

Haha. Seriously though, I've been to V&A toy museum and there are toys … Haha. Seriously though, I've been to V&A toy museum and there are toys cars made by African kids constructed from wire coat hangers. Not all African kids are on death's door. Kids will be kids wherever they are

There's poor kids all over the world anyway people have a hang up about dustbowls in Africa, I blame live aid. Look at Rio rich country just had the Olympics, tonnes of poor kids living in slums and I doubt the textile workers in Cambodia are spending there tuppence a day to buy their kids a ball, its nice to give em something better then a stick and a old tire to play with isnt it?

Only thing I've found online that I think is trusted is the salvation army Christmas appeal, thats not a box per say tho but again thats a religious organisation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52473
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions