Found 8th Feb 2009
i know this is probably a daft question, but can you just walk into a charity shop with stuff, or do you have to wait for it to be collected when they send round them charity bags

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Banned

just walk in

Thats not a daft question - and yes you can take your stuff in to a charity shop.

ya walk it or if they not open leave it outside the door
lol

Original Poster Banned

oh brill, thanks guys x

Most high street charity shops allow you to walk in.

Depending on the amount of stuff to be donated, some charities will offer to collect from your home.

Original Poster Banned

its only some videos, time to get rid - lol (trying to replace little ones faves with dvd's when money allows)

just walk in with stuff unless it heavy stuff then they will pick it up
but only certain charity shop take elecrical stuff now
or about putting it on your local recycle

my local charity shop wouldnt take our knitting machine, i think they have about 20

Banned

Be wary of charity Bags. Some are run as businesses that takle a slice off the top. Check who you give stuff to!

stevenpcurtis;4320832

Be wary of charity Bags. Some are run as businesses that takle a slice … Be wary of charity Bags. Some are run as businesses that takle a slice off the top. Check who you give stuff to!

I am fed up of charity bags wanting clothes, bags and shoes. i put give away some pretty decent stuff and i refuse to use these charities as the stuff is just weighed.

even decent charities seem to be doing this now and not collecting brick-a-brak and toys. i don't want to go hauling my bags through town to a charity shop.

Banned

Those charity bags are not charities, as said above they are businesses and are registered as such too.

lumoruk;4320973

Those charity bags are not charities, as said above they are businesses … Those charity bags are not charities, as said above they are businesses and are registered as such too.

use em to get rid of your rubbish instead :thumbsup:

You can just walk in and give them stuff (we do it all the time). BUT - some are no longer taking videos because they just cant shift them.

If the charity shop doesnt want them, offer them to the hospital, most of the childrens wards still have at least 1 video machine and are glad of videos for them. Also use them in some childrens out patient departments

Original Poster Banned

kelly_o_fanatic;4321053

You can just walk in and give them stuff (we do it all the time). BUT - … You can just walk in and give them stuff (we do it all the time). BUT - some are no longer taking videos because they just cant shift them. If the charity shop doesnt want them, offer them to the hospital, most of the childrens wards still have at least 1 video machine and are glad of videos for them. Also use them in some childrens out patient departments

Thanks kelly, never thought of the shops refusing them, maybe better to phone and ask before lugging them into town, never seen any vids at the childresn clinics/outpatients at our hospital, no wonder people just end up binning stuff it seems hard work to give stuff away - lol

Remember any old bedding quilts,newspapers etc can be taken to local dogs trusts, animal shelters, really helps to keep the animals comfortable at this time of year.

esq3585;4321707

Remember any old bedding quilts,newspapers etc can be taken to local dogs … Remember any old bedding quilts,newspapers etc can be taken to local dogs trusts, animal shelters, really helps to keep the animals comfortable at this time of year.

:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions