Groups

Charlotte Church and Gavin Henson confirm split

Banned
    Not usually one for celebrity gossip, but for goodness sakes!!!!

What type of society are we living in when it is now the 'norm' for these relationships to be so fickle?

To think the younger generation are growing up looking at these people as role models.

Two kids out of wedlock, THEN they get engaged, NOW they split up.

Another broken home.....

Do people not have any morals anymore?

24 Comments

i still would though

People get divorced everyday. Why is it so interesting if a 'celebrity' gets divorced / cheats / goes out clubbing / takes a crap..

P.S. Getting divorced doesn't necessarily lead to "Another broken home.....". Surely you know people who have got divorced - have their families degenerated into chaos without the two parents being together? Or are you that out of touch?

I am as interested in this as Darren Bent is in the World Cup Squad ..... :whistling:

Relationships need work,sometimes hard work and that can be difficult enough without the glare of publicity constantly on you.

I do not know much about this couple....ok I know who they are etc,but it is not necessarily a case of having no morals,just an agreement between the two of them that it is not going to work and it's better to be apart than together.

Children are much better off having 2 happy parents even if they do not live together than unhappy ones.

Banned

I have 2 children out of 'wedlock' does that mean i have no morals?

sometimes children living in a "broken home" as you call it are a hell of a lot happier than if they were in a family with two parents who aren't happy together.

muckypup;8736980

Children are much better off having 2 happy parents even if they do not … Children are much better off having 2 happy parents even if they do not live together than unhappy ones.

^this

i have 2 children. both different mothers.
    1 i dont live with..1 i do live with.
    neither are a mistake..i love both of my children just as much...I sadly dont see my son as much as i would like to...but i make the most of it when i do....annnnnnnnnnnnd now im just going off on one and have no idea what the OP was talking about...anyways yeah good afternoon

JonnyTwoToes You're like this bloke that sits and reads out of the Bible very loudly at my local market place.

interesting it should happen just 2 weeks after they sold the story of their "blissful" life together to a celebrity rag magazine.

it all started with the royal family-people were fascinated with "inside stories" because they were seemingly above reproach-the obscene infatuation with princess diana took it to a whole new level.ever since,the tabloids have been trying to create the next "queen of hearts" with celebs,big brother contestants etc.The outpouring of grief over jade goody was utterly sickening from people who never met her,didnt know her in any way,shape or form.

and yet,where are the magazines dedicated to real heroes? our armed forces for instance? these are people to be admired,rather than some shallow nobody. its disturbing that so many people are interested in celebrity.

I have been with my partner 8 1/2 years, we bought our first house 2 years ago and ARE NOT married. We are expecting our first child OUT OF WEDLOCK!!!

I am the same age as Charlotte Church so do i have no morals as i am not married and am expecting a child??

And surely if a child is happy living in a "BROKEN HOME" than it is better in the long term? Rather than having to listen to constant arguments?

You need to clear the dust out of your eyes and realise that we are in 2010 and not 1950!

Banned

kypoo2000;8737142

We are expecting our first child OUT OF WEDLOCK!!!

Good luck with the baby fellow sinner!

Even in cases where couples remain together, it does not mean that it is necessarily all hunkey dorey.
    There are instances of couples being married but one or both of the partners has interests elsewhere. Today due to it being more acceptable to split many marriages dissolve. But its not uncommon in many richer households for one or both of the partners to 'play away'. Possibly due to expensive or damaging divorce settlements. What does that say for morals?

OP what are your opinion or are you just trying to belittle people again/start a load of flaming?

You are asking lots of questions but nothing else...

My opinion-who cares,let people live their lives how they want.

What a load of old crock, I think the main "issue" here is looking at kids in relation to "role models".

Are kids really looking at celebrities as role models? Heck if when I was a kid I was doing that rather than letting my parents educate me with morals then a lot of my post punk idols I adored would have taught me its right to take drugs and excessive amounts of alcohol for creativity.

But you know, kids, they have a brain and I feel that they are educated more on peers much closer to them than celebrities.

Original Poster Banned

fairysel;8736987

I have 2 children out of 'wedlock' does that mean i have no morals?

The point I am making is that it is now acceptable for children to be brought up without two steady role models (parents), who love each other and hopefully show the way for the child.

dontasciime;8737066

JonnyTwoToes You're like this bloke that sits and reads out of the Bible … JonnyTwoToes You're like this bloke that sits and reads out of the Bible very loudly at my local market place.

I'm an atheist so I doubt that.

boothy;8737276

OP what are your opinion or are you just trying to belittle people … OP what are your opinion or are you just trying to belittle people again/start a load of flaming?You are asking lots of questions but nothing else...My opinion-who cares,let people live their lives how they want.

I'm stating that I think it's sad that kids are growing up in environments that are less than perfect due to the selfishness of the 'parents'.

cicobuff;8737334

What a load of old crock, I think the main "issue" here is looking at … What a load of old crock, I think the main "issue" here is looking at kids in relation to "role models".Are kids really looking at celebrities as role models? Heck if when I was a kid I was doing that rather than letting my parents educate me with morals then a lot of my post punk idols I adored would have taught me its right to take drugs and excessive amounts of alcohol for creativity.But you know, kids, they have a brain and I feel that they are educated more on peers much closer to them than celebrities.

When the peers are behaving as badly as these 'role models' then there is no hope is there?

JonnyTwoToes;8738342

The point I am making is that it is now acceptable for children to be … The point I am making is that it is now acceptable for children to be brought up without two steady role models (parents), who love each other and hopefully show the way for the child.I'm an atheist so I doubt that.I'm stating that I think it's sad that kids are growing up in environments that are less than perfect due to the selfishness of the 'parents'.When the peers are behaving as badly as these 'role models' then there is no hope is there?

I meant you seem to judge us all. Thank god for your reply though as I now know I still stand a chance of getting in.

Banned

The things people do to get in the newspaper :roll:

I have always disliked them.

Banned

DLM;8738634

The things people do to get in the newspaper :roll:I have always disliked … The things people do to get in the newspaper :roll:I have always disliked them.

Do you actually know them or are you just going on what you've 'read'?

You do strike me as the type of person who reads gossip mags, on your lunch break moaning about celebs as you eat some weightwatchers meal.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8738657

Do you actually know them or are you just going on what you've 'read'?You … Do you actually know them or are you just going on what you've 'read'?You do strike me as the type of person who reads gossip mags, on your lunch break moaning about celebs as you eat some weightwatchers meal.

Totally wrong

I just don't like them generally.

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;8738377

I meant you seem to judge us all. Thank god for your reply though as I … I meant you seem to judge us all. Thank god for your reply though as I now know I still stand a chance of getting in.

Getting in where?

JonnyTwoToes;8738342

The point I am making is that it is now acceptable for children to be … The point I am making is that it is now acceptable for children to be brought up without two steady role models (parents), who love each other and hopefully show the way for the child.I'm stating that I think it's sad that kids are growing up in environments that are less than perfect due to the selfishness of the 'parents'.When the peers are behaving as badly as these 'role models' then there is no hope is there?

I think thats got to be a good thing. The opposite would be a rather repressive society. Everyone can hope for an ideal. But ideals are just that something to be aimed at, and not something that MUST be achieved. How do you make people stay together? By being overly controlling? How do you stop people dying? Now thats a bit more difficult to answer.
    dontasciime;8738377

I meant you seem to judge us all. Thank god for your reply though as I … I meant you seem to judge us all. Thank god for your reply though as I now know I still stand a chance of getting in.

JonnyTwoToes;8738990

Getting in where?

Think he means the Great Upstairs

Having kids ruins many a marriage/relationship, I have lost count of friends who have split up once the reality of child rearing hits home. Much better to be child free.

DKLS;8739966

Having kids ruins many a marriage/relationship, I have lost count of … Having kids ruins many a marriage/relationship, I have lost count of friends who have split up once the reality of child rearing hits home. Much better to be child free.

For some it is.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions