Chase UK 1% cashback on your everyday spending / 5% interest on round-ups (available soon)

Posted 21st Sep 2021
chase.co.uk/gb/en/

I normally post technology deals but this looks really interesting. 1% cashback on your everyday spending.

Free to join but need to join the waiting list.

Also, apparently this is coming soon, too: Small change round-ups on which they will earn 5% interest for 12 months: Customers can save as they spend by rounding up their debit card purchases to the nearest £1, and depositing the small change into a separate account where it will earn interest at 5% for 12 months. Round-ups will be rolled out to all customers over the coming weeks.

Source: scottishfinancialnews.com/art…-uk
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    To apply you need photo iD, take a picture of it and a selfie. Took me a few minutes, was not difficult.
  2. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    john453608/10/2021 12:40

so how is opening the account once you get an invite, easy like opening a …so how is opening the account once you get an invite, easy like opening a Tesco Clubcard Pay+ debit visa card or some faff-ing around involved re IDs and voice recordings etc like with Crypto.com visa card?

I think there's no need for an invite anymore. Can join straight away from what I can see
  3. Avatar
    Good offer, I use credit cards for the majority of spending but unfortunately amex is still not as ubiquitous as visa/MasterCard so still have to rely on my debit card at times. And I'm thinking for those times I could use the chase card instead. Lap up all the cashback without mercy

Can we arrange direct debits on this chase card too?

Edit: Answer is yes to direct debits.

Edit 2: looks like direct debits do not function. Pretty sure it said YES when I checked last. This is a deal breaker for a debit card (edited)
  4. Avatar
    Excellent, just signed up! More cashback than my Amex but MasterCard that is accepted everywhere! Chase has clearly put a lot of effort into this launch, and this is a very competitive offering
  5. Avatar
    Interesting offering for the first 12 months. Like the small change round-ups, the 1% cashback rate on everyday spending is also only for the first year.
  6. Avatar
    Really tempting, but my every day spends are on credit card and paid off each month - basically use my current account for direct debits. Cracking offer for some though.
  7. Avatar
    Looks good. I've joined the waiting list, thanks
  8. Avatar
    I've also joined the waiting list, thanks
  9. Avatar
    I wonder what are the restrictions on "everyday" spending. The 5% is marketing as the actual amount will be very small.
  10. Avatar
    Isn't amex also having this type of 1% cash back in the form of points?
  11. Avatar
    fr3dy77_sp33d22/09/2021 07:39

Isn't amex also having this type of 1% cash back in the form of points?

I think the value of amex points depends on what you spend them on.

This is a mastercard so will be good to use at places that don't accept amex.
  12. Avatar
    Russ262622/09/2021 07:53

I think the value of amex points depends on what you spend them on. This …I think the value of amex points depends on what you spend them on. This is a mastercard so will be good to use at places that don't accept amex.

No, amex is for everything, but you are right that some merchant doesn't accept amex.
  13. Avatar
    Russ262622/09/2021 07:53

I think the value of amex points depends on what you spend them on. This …I think the value of amex points depends on what you spend them on. This is a mastercard so will be good to use at places that don't accept amex.

Amex is a straight cashback on everything, not just a few categories. And the number of merchants who don't accept Amex is very few these days.
  14. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    bozo00722/09/2021 06:45

I wonder what are the restrictions on "everyday" spending. The 5% is …I wonder what are the restrictions on "everyday" spending. The 5% is marketing as the actual amount will be very small.

5% is for interest on round-ups, not everyday spending
  15. Avatar
    deleted257852022/09/2021 06:48

5% is for interest on round-ups, not everyday spending

Yes, aware of that and hence I called it "marketing".
  16. Avatar
    Only for a year i belive.likely there will be cap also. Better going for switch initiative.
  17. Avatar
    Anonymous User Author
    Did anyone get their account opened already?
  18. Avatar
    bargainhunter122/09/2021 19:27

Only for a year i belive.likely there will be cap also. Better going for …Only for a year i belive.likely there will be cap also. Better going for switch initiative.

Or do both, they're not mutually exclusive.
  19. Avatar
    bozo00722/09/2021 18:05

Amex is a straight cashback on everything, not just a few categories. And …Amex is a straight cashback on everything, not just a few categories. And the number of merchants who don't accept Amex is very few these days.

I think you can get cashback at more places with a debit MasterCard than an amex. The exclusions for cashback with this chase account are places where you either cannot use amex at all (eg paying a credit card bill) or will pay fees (eg purchasing foreign currency)
  20. Avatar
    so how is opening the account once you get an invite, easy like opening a Tesco Clubcard Pay+ debit visa card or some faff-ing around involved re IDs and voice recordings etc like with Crypto.com visa card? (edited)
  21. Avatar
    Any cash incentives available to join e. g cash back or referral? (edited)