Posted 9th Dec 2019
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Ebay
chocci09/12/2019 14:39

Ebay

Well i know ebay. But is it cheapest place? £land seems to be best bet.
leegp7909/12/2019 14:48

Well i know ebay. But is it cheapest place? £land seems to be best bet.

I didn't even know Poundland sold 18650 batteries!!
PaulandPam09/12/2019 14:49

I didn't even know Poundland sold 18650 batteries!!

Usually found inside the rubbish powerbanks that PL shifts.
You got any old laptop batteries lying around unused? there are usually 6-8 in one of those, I scavenge them for cheap torches that use them, nothing high powered, 9/10 when a laptop battery starts failing its just one or two of the cells giving up. The rest are pretty much OK, scavenge them and charge them until indicated full (assuming you have a quality charger) then leave for a hour or 2 and put a voltmeter across them, full they should reach 4.2v if they read below 4.1v bin them (with care making sure they cannot be shorted out).
I need 3 of them for or a battery. Looking on the prices on eBay I might as well go down the Poundland Road I just scavenge them out the power bank.
From what bigclive said I get the impression that the £2 banks aren't really worth bothering with then I should just stick with the £1 ones
Fogstar, they normally have 25% off every friday.

I grabbed a load of disposed laptop batteries are work, opened them up and had 100's of them.
Edited by: "samosa" 9th Dec 2019
samosa09/12/2019 16:48

Fogstar, they normally have 25% off every friday.I grabbed a load of …Fogstar, they normally have 25% off every friday.I grabbed a load of disposed laptop batteries are work, opened them up and had 100's of them.

I take that's is a website?
Edited by: "leegp79" 9th Dec 2019
harlzter09/12/2019 15:26

You got any old laptop batteries lying around unused? there are usually …You got any old laptop batteries lying around unused? there are usually 6-8 in one of those, I scavenge them for cheap torches that use them, nothing high powered, 9/10 when a laptop battery starts failing its just one or two of the cells giving up. The rest are pretty much OK, scavenge them and charge them until indicated full (assuming you have a quality charger) then leave for a hour or 2 and put a voltmeter across them, full they should reach 4.2v if they read below 4.1v bin them (with care making sure they cannot be shorted out).

I did the same, got to be very careful getting those batteries out though and it's not easy.

Bought some diy powerbanks off ebay and use them to power Christmas lights.
leegp7909/12/2019 17:47

I take that's is a website?

Yes, if you sign up you often get email discount offers too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants