Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap Accommodation in Cambridge for 2 nights

I am a student and have to go to University Cambridge for a workshop in mid January for three days (2 nights). My bf is going with me. The cheapest accommodation I can find for 2 nights is £39 per day for a private room in a youth hostel.
    This is clearly over my budget.

Does anyone have any ideas on cheaper accommodation please?

6 Comments

Look at a website/app called Priceline. On there you can bid for a hotel stay (best on the day or the day before) and get some very hotels. I did it on a recent stay to New York and saved a fortune. Failing that I have a £15 credit code to use on hotel tonight if you and your boyfriend want to use it towards each stay (total saving £30)

Are the university not providing any accommodation for you? may be worth calling the organiser and explaining and seeing what they can do?

Never heard of Priceline thank you...

A bed in a communal room in the youth hostel will be a lot cheaper than the private room, can you not do that? Was the £39 private room price for you as a couple, or each? I'd imagine you could find a B&B that would do a double room for around £50 per night, cooked breakfast included.
    Edited by: "therealslimkaty" 18th Dec 2014

why not join the youth hostel association ( yha ) not sure how much it is to join nowadays but you get good cheap accommodation , also if you join the international y.h.a. you get some great hostels abroad . great for weekends/mid-week breaks. not sure how the accommodation works now but it was changing from single sex dormitories to proper rooms a good few years ago and I would think they are all rooms now.

Cheaper than £40 a night for a room in Cambridge? I doubt that it is possible. I'm actually suprised you managed to find a place that cheap!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions