Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap Acoustic Guitar

Anyone seen a cheap acoustic guitar going somewhere?
    Friend wants to learn, but have the feeling she'l put it down after 5 minutes, so dont want to spend much.
    Cheapest one i saw was £50 at argos..

thanks!

5 Comments

i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been really pleased with the quality and service.

gear4music.com/Aco…tml

I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, it is in my attic at the moment, bought it intending to learn how to play it and then never bothered, looking for £35.00 for it, any good ?? Sharon xx

I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather than a really cheap brand-new one. The reason is that cheap guitars can sometimes be more difficult to play (higher action on the fretboard, etc) and could actually discourage a learner and she will end up putting it down very quickly. Look at online reviews of any guitar you're considering and if you can maybe get one of the lower-end Yamaha acoustics like the F310 on Gumtree or something like that then you can't go far wrong. Good luck!

Original Poster

bjmcghee

I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather … I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather than a really cheap brand-new one. The reason is that cheap guitars can sometimes be more difficult to play (higher action on the fretboard, etc) and could actually discourage a learner and she will end up putting it down very quickly. Look at online reviews of any guitar you're considering and if you can maybe get one of the lower-end Yamaha acoustics like the F310 on Gumtree or something like that then you can't go far wrong. Good luck!

good advice, thanks

MadMumof4

I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, … I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, it is in my attic at the moment, bought it intending to learn how to play it and then never bothered, looking for £35.00 for it, any good ?? Sharon xx

think id rather go for a store buy in case of issues, thanks muchly anyway though

greg_68

i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been … i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been really pleased with the quality and service.http://www.gear4music.com/Acoustic_Guitars.html

thanks will have a look

I'd look into the Gibson J200, absolute bargain and great little player
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553813
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions