Expired

Cheap Acoustic Guitar

Found 14th Jan 2011
Anyone seen a cheap acoustic guitar going somewhere?
Friend wants to learn, but have the feeling she'l put it down after 5 minutes, so dont want to spend much.
Cheapest one i saw was £50 at argos..

thanks!

1. Ask
  2. Guitar
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Guitar
5 Comments

i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been really pleased with the quality and service.

gear4music.com/Aco…tml

I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, it is in my attic at the moment, bought it intending to learn how to play it and then never bothered, looking for £35.00 for it, any good ?? Sharon xx

I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather than a really cheap brand-new one. The reason is that cheap guitars can sometimes be more difficult to play (higher action on the fretboard, etc) and could actually discourage a learner and she will end up putting it down very quickly. Look at online reviews of any guitar you're considering and if you can maybe get one of the lower-end Yamaha acoustics like the F310 on Gumtree or something like that then you can't go far wrong. Good luck!

Original Poster

bjmcghee

I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather … I would say that it's worth getting a decent guitar second-hand rather than a really cheap brand-new one. The reason is that cheap guitars can sometimes be more difficult to play (higher action on the fretboard, etc) and could actually discourage a learner and she will end up putting it down very quickly. Look at online reviews of any guitar you're considering and if you can maybe get one of the lower-end Yamaha acoustics like the F310 on Gumtree or something like that then you can't go far wrong. Good luck!

good advice, thanks

MadMumof4

I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, … I have a brand new boxed accoustic full-size guitar available for sale, it is in my attic at the moment, bought it intending to learn how to play it and then never bothered, looking for £35.00 for it, any good ?? Sharon xx

think id rather go for a store buy in case of issues, thanks muchly anyway though

greg_68

i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been … i've had 2 'cheap' acoustic and electric guitars from here and been really pleased with the quality and service.http://www.gear4music.com/Acoustic_Guitars.html

thanks will have a look

I'd look into the Gibson J200, absolute bargain and great little player
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821053
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
    3. Enter to win an iPhone X Anker competition33
    4. Win £500 worth of goods from RAF Museum's shop66

See more discussions