Groups
    EXPIRED

cheap AGP graphics card

hey people,

my computer doensn't have PCI-E, as it's a few years old now, and the graphics card has started to mess up. just wondering if anyone knew of a cheapish AGP card (around £20 - £30). would prefer a mid end old card i.e. a 6000 series, rather than a low end new card i.e. 8400.

thanks!

4 Comments

Hi, I have the perfect card for you. A fairly mid to high end older card, nVidia Geforce 5500mx, 256mb. It's on sale here:

hotukdeals.com/for…185

I am open to offers, and it is right in your price range! Hope that helps.

My FX5500 is substantially higher spec than the FX5200 and I can do it for the same sort of price.

Plus ebuyer charge postage.

@morris7: What's your system spec? No point spending much if you're running a very old PC with a weak processor, in which case I'd advise going onto ebay and getting yourself something appropriate to your system.

If you're willing to stretch to ~£45 - this looks a bit of a bargain for AGP systems:
    dabs.com/pro…000

For this price you get 512Mb GDDR3 and a 600Mhz GPU. The card looks comparable to a 7600GS in Toms hardware benchmarks.

An aside:
    There's a useful hierarchy chart for graphics cards for gaming purposes here:
    tomshardware.com/200…tml
    as well as a useful guide to CPU/graphics card matching on older AGP interface PCs here:
    tomshardware.com/200…is/

Hope this helps...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1214
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?23
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal78
      4. Sweet Sunday code please22

See more discussions