Cheap Android Phone (Happy with chinese) 4G if possible.

17 replies
Found 23rd Jan
Hi,

I'm looking for a good Android phone as a secondary phone (Have iPhone 6 as work phone, but don't want to take my work phone on my honeymoon).

I'm really confused with the 4G band discussions, so would appreciate some guidance if possible?

17 Comments

Vodafone smart ultra 6 ?

Edited by: "plodging" 23rd Jan

Or smart ultra 7 Argos £115 .. Depends on idea of cheap I suppose .. though didn't get the rave reviews of the 6.
Edited by: "plodging" 23rd Jan

Original Poster

plodging

Vodafone smart ultra 6 ?

Sold out everywhere

Tried cex local?

Original Poster

plodging

Tried cex local?

Thanks for the help,

Just looked at the 7, not sure its for me. I want a cheap phone that is unlocked, so I can be on any network.

Looking £80 -£130 mark really.

eBay too .. Sure the more tech savvy will be along soon and the guys with stuff to sell

plodging

Or smart ultra 7 Argos £115 .. Depends on idea of cheap I suppose .. … Or smart ultra 7 Argos £115 .. Depends on idea of cheap I suppose .. though didn't get the rave reviews of the 6.

​I would prefer the Smart Ultra 6 than the Ultra 7 as the 6 has a Snapdragon processor and the 7 has a Mediatek processor. Snapdragon processors are known to be superior to the equivalent Mediatek processors.

xiaomi redmi 3s or note 3

Original Poster

little_green

xiaomi redmi 3s or note 3

What's crack with networks? Can I get 4g on any network?

Motorola Moto G4. The reviews speak for themselves!

feeder16

What's crack with networks? Can I get 4g on any network?

if you get one wiht band 20 then yes.
if you get one without band 20 then no 4g on o2/giffgaff/teso

Motorola G4 play can be had for about £80. Only 1gb ram, but I don't have any issues with it. Plus the play has NFC (using android pay alot recently after misplacing bank card for a few days). the G4 and G4 have more ram, but no NFC.

Smart Ultra 6 if you're happy with an average camera.
I've had mine for over a year

Oukitels are pretty good and they have good cameras. I have an Oukitel U8 (universal tap) and it's ace. Cost £80, android is lollipop and 12mp camera

Original Poster

savagelyric

Motorola Moto G4. The reviews speak for themselves!

Price seems to have jumped up recently - currently £160

Cubot - no bloatwear, good prices on all models

Original Poster

Mermoo

Cubot - no bloatwear, good prices on all models

Recommend any particular model? Want something half decent but don't want to pay the earth
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions