Cheap Balls For Teaching Cricket

Posted 30th Apr
Hi,

Teaching my son to play cricket, in particular batting in the back garden.

I am trying to looking for cheap balls. It seems the way to go is with tennis balls.

The cheapest I found were at PoundLand but they dont bounce that much but ok for fielding and catching practice.

Any recommendations for buying 20+ or more.

Kind regards
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
adam_holcombe2 m ago

Windballs are pricier, but …Windballs are pricier, but better:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kosma-Windball-Cricket-Training-Practice-x/dp/B01LY2XK94

Thanks for that. I have a set of these but use them when we go to the park.

I am looking for something much more cheaper.
Decathlon may have what you need? It’s french so might not be cricket.. worth a look
MT20456 m ago

Sign him up for All Stars cricket

Have him all signed up.

I would advise you to meet the coaches before you sign up. Went to one club and didnt like the coaching staff who were faffing around.
I used to enjoy Kwik cricket as a child before moving onto normal cricket, balls are about £5, stumps £15 and bat £10 or two ends and a bag for about £45.
As much as it pains me to say, try Sports Direct £2 each. Sports Direct.
Try also asking around a few local clubs as normally they will have deals with local sports stores.
Some slightly cheaper Windballs on Amazon £10 for 6. Amazon

Also £17.51 for 12 with a net bag@ Amazon Warehouse
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 30th Apr
Have you tried eBay, they sometimes have a job lot of tennis balls get some real bargains.
Poundland home bargains Wilko's, etc for tennis balls why do you need 20 of them. Have you got that machine that shoots them out.
MynameisM4 h, 15 m ago

Poundland home bargains Wilko's, etc for tennis balls why do you need 20 …Poundland home bargains Wilko's, etc for tennis balls why do you need 20 of them. Have you got that machine that shoots them out.

Thanks for the input. I explained why I dont like Poundland ones. Tried Wilkos but they dont stock them at my local.

I am that machine that shoots the balls out

I need 20 as he keeps on hitting them to the neighbors garden. I also feel for a quick fire round batting session 20 is kind of decent.
sarbjeet_19 h, 3 m ago

Have you tried eBay, they sometimes have a job lot of tennis balls get …Have you tried eBay, they sometimes have a job lot of tennis balls get some real bargains.

Might give them a try
cecilmcroberts22 h, 48 m ago

As much as it pains me to say, try Sports Direct £2 each. Sports Direct. …As much as it pains me to say, try Sports Direct £2 each. Sports Direct. Try also asking around a few local clubs as normally they will have deals with local sports stores.Some slightly cheaper Windballs on Amazon £10 for 6. AmazonAlso £17.51 for 12 with a net bag@ Amazon Warehouse

Thanks for the input! I am looking for tennis balls atm just to get that eye to hand coordination together.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions