Groups
    EXPIRED

cheap bike - online or off

Hello all, I've just had my bike stolen (in Cambrdige, second time in 3 years! ) and I was wondering if the good people of hotukdeals could help out poor little transportless me with a deal over this festive period. The last bike I got was the £70 one from halfords, but if anyone has any better ideas, then it'd be very welcome (I just saw hotukdeals.com/sca…jpg this , but I've apparently missed all of the Shockwave SUS450 £70 jobbies - damnit!).

TYIA!

9 Comments

Cambridge Police hold regular cycle auctions. They advertise them in the Cambridge Evening News. I don't know any more details at the moment, but I will try to find out more for you.

Ok MrMeatshake, I've found it:
    [url]www.cambs.police.uk/camops/columbus/handbook.pdf[/url]
    I think it was on about page 25. Just scroll through until you get to a picture of a bike.
    The auctions are held at the beginning of each term, but as it says they recover 1000 bikes a year, you might even be lucky enough to get one of yours back.
    I think there are people about who just "borrow" a bike to get to another part of Cambridge, then abandon it. :pirate:

Try Sterling House for cheap bikes. Not sure whether these any good though...

My nephew is having a bike from Sterling House for Christmas. Bought it from their ebay section. It came within 5 days. Will let you know next week how good it is.

Original Poster

"you might even be lucky enough to get one of yours back.
    I think there are people about who just "borrow" a bike to get to another part of Cambridge, then abandon it."

well, given that they left the front-wheel chained to the bike-rack, i don't think it would have been that useful for a quick cycle across cambridge, unless the guy brought his own front-wheel. if he did, then TBH he should be congratulated on his preparedness!

Mmmm...maybe not then!

heathcycles.co.uk/pro…ed7

Cost £135.99 (£10 Delivery) = £145.99

Again like the mongoose in my previous post, this bike is a good brand name in cycling and has an alloy frame, much better than a hi-tensile steel job!

The bike from Sterling House is really good quality. It is a Universal Cycle. Good looking, sturdy mountain bike for £42 + £16 P+P from their ebay shop.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Quick EBay Nectar Question33
      2. Best IPTV Currently45
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?44
      4. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)44

See more discussions