Groups

Cheap Car Insurance

Need cheap car insurance for myself - aged 17, got test booked so need to get insurance on a full liscense for a "R" reg Astra 1.6 8V. Cheapest i can find is directline with 1884. Anybody know of any cheap insurance services for young and new drivers?

Thanks for any help.

22 Comments

cheapest for me was TGIC (the green insurance company) and they plant trees to offset your emissions lmao

churchill always seemed the cheapest for me, try putting an experienced driver as a named driver and it may/should reduce the costs!

Best bet is to start with he comparison websites.. gocompare.comtescocompare.comconfused.com ....google car insruance comparison websites and see if there are others as well

Original Poster

2145 with Churchill and 4263 with TGIC thanks anyway.

2346 on privilege

try endsleigh and hastings they were the cheapes quotes I have had recently for my 19 yr old and admiral was the cheapest last year when she had not long passed her test, they did a 10 month insurance

endsleigh and hastings are both in quidco with over £60 cashback for hastings and I think £35 for endsleigh:thumbsup:

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;6086140

could you not go as a named driver on your mum or dads insurance until … could you not go as a named driver on your mum or dads insurance until you pass your test? it would be a lot cheaper to start withhttp://www.google.com/search?q=cheap+car+insurance+young+drivers&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_entheres a list her to try. good luck with your test too

no because i am the owner on the V5 so i need to be first driver on the car. my dad has a car with directline already so might be able to get a multi car discount but was just looking to see if there is anything cheaper.

Original Poster

octobergirl;6086158

try endsleigh and hastings they were the cheapes quotes I have had … try endsleigh and hastings they were the cheapes quotes I have had recently for my 19 yr old and admiral was the cheapest last year when she had not long passed her test, they did a 10 month insuranceendsleigh and hastings are both in quidco with over £60 cashback for hastings and I think £35 for endsleigh:thumbsup:

its different for females insurance is cheap as chips for them. endsleigh want over 5000 from me for 10 months. told them to take a hike. and hastings wouldnt insure me.

If you still want to be the main driver add a parent as 2nd driver can save about 10-15% too
    Also try direct line.
    My mum was with direct line, so i saved 20% (10% Discount and 10% for Multicar - same household)

Try Quinn Direct, normally pretty good for young drivers

Adrian flux, they are good. It all depends on personal circumstances and the end of the day

Good luck

Moved to correct forum for discussion

You're 17, and your first car is a 1.6? haha good luck

The cheapest I could get, for an 18 yr old male, on a 1.2 Clio S Reg was £1540 a year. Try Morethan but be ready to pay an sheetload of money

agree, when my son is old enough, he is NOT having a 1.6? I really dont see the point? I had a 1.2 for my first car, that was dear enough. I use my car for work, and I have a 1.5Hdi, £35 a year road tax, 60mpg :thumbsup:

scott1295;6086192

its different for females insurance is cheap as chips for them. endsleigh … its different for females insurance is cheap as chips for them. endsleigh want over 5000 from me for 10 months. told them to take a hike. and hastings wouldnt insure me.

sorry about that but are you sure as my sister had her son on her policy for the last two years and he has had an accident and claimed and he has had a speeding ticket and she has just had a quote from Admiral for £740 fully compt on his own insurance no no claims earned

krazykel;6086201

If you still want to be the main driver add a parent as 2nd driver can … If you still want to be the main driver add a parent as 2nd driver can save about 10-15% tooAlso try direct line.My mum was with direct line, so i saved 20% (10% Discount and 10% for Multicar - same household)

+ 1 add your mum, will be cheaper than addting your dad

Original Poster

James3121;6087046

You're 17, and your first car is a 1.6? haha good luckThe cheapest I … You're 17, and your first car is a 1.6? haha good luckThe cheapest I could get, for an 18 yr old male, on a 1.2 Clio S Reg was £1540 a year. Try Morethan but be ready to pay an sheetload of money

Well i got a quote on directline for 1884 for me by myself. and if i put my parents on and get multicar then i think that its going to be the best bet.

And in addition there is no need to be sarcastic about anything - having a 1.6 was my decision and considering that its only about 300quid more than what you paid for your first car i'd say its worth it.

You can probably save some extra money if you use an insurer listed on quidco - they offer up to £100 cashback on car insurance and also seem to offer the exact same deals that you would be using anyway. :thumbsup: Good Luck!

Tesco and Co-Op are notoriously good for young, recently passed drivers :thumbsup:

What you have got sounds about right for your age and car. Is that with both your parents as named drivers?

I honestly think you'll struggle to get anything less than the £1800 you've been quoted by direct line. It's because of your age, the fact that you're an "inexperienced" driver (after a year you're classed as experienced), you've obviously no ncb and the engine of the car is a 1.6. I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and pay it, or get it slightly cheaper if you have your parents as named drivers. Assuming that you have no accidents/tickets etc. in the next year it should come down by quite a bit....

Banned

try swiftcover

try premium choice - took out my insurance with them 2 weeks ago (also a young driver) and they saved my hundreds compared to my renewal fee and all other quotes.

They are a broker who will find you the cheapest insurance. Also they are supposed to be very good for young drivers.

Heres there website: ]http//ww…uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.69
      3. Finally got a Xbox one s33
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!910

See more discussions