cheap car insurance for new driver best options please .....

Found 7th Jul
looking to ??? add 18 yrs old to my policy or are there any cheapish options for new driver age 18 thank you
Community Updates
10 Comments
At least as a starting point, I'd suggest seeing what's offered if you do a search on one of the many price comparison sites.
MoneySaving expert has link for young drivers but best option is add to parents policy etc
Adding an 18 year old is fine , just check out quotes on a few comparison sites . However I'm sure you are aware that if they are found to be the main driver it will invalidate the insurance and of course they will gain no NCB whilst just a named driver .
Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Jul
I would use comparison sites, also check cashback sites as some cash back offers are quite high.

Also test around with some of the options.
Like where you park at night, annual mileage, and especially adding a 2nd driver with a good history

I would buy the insurance under his/her name. As you need to start gaining NCBs, and 1 year NCB supposedly gives a lot of discount
when I was a student and trying to insure myself I had a policy in my name and just about every experienced drive as additional driver I knew on it which helped to bring it lower.

using a comparison put policy in young/new drivers name and keep adding experienced drivers as additional drivers and see what happens
thank you all
As above, do it in their name but add loads of experienced drivers to bring it down. It’ll still be high until they start earning no claims and reach 25 when it’ll start to come down to reasonable level. Remember be honest about mileage as it’s recorded now as part of MOT and is available online and accessible to insurers.
cmdr_elito7 h, 53 m ago

As above, do it in their name but add loads of experienced drivers to …As above, do it in their name but add loads of experienced drivers to bring it down. It’ll still be high until they start earning no claims and reach 25 when it’ll start to come down to reasonable level. Remember be honest about mileage as it’s recorded now as part of MOT and is available online and accessible to insurers.

Hasnt mileage always been recorded on every MOT and could always easily be checked by anyone not just insurers ?
SteMoss1 h, 37 m ago

Hasnt mileage always been recorded on every MOT and could always easily be …Hasnt mileage always been recorded on every MOT and could always easily be checked by anyone not just insurers ?

No it hasn’t, it was optional before. It’s only been the last few years since they started printing MOT certificates on normal paper.
cmdr_elito54 m ago

No it hasn’t, it was optional before. It’s only been the last few years sin …No it hasn’t, it was optional before. It’s only been the last few years since they started printing MOT certificates on normal paper.

I have my past 11years MOT’s and the mileage is printed on each one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants