Cheap Chinese can beat the expensive brands after all

12 Comments

Hisense have been threatening this for a while.

Good for them!

I'm not sold on this at all. His main gripe is that he had to select a different screen mode on the other TVs when watching different video feeds. Zero technical checking, also a vague idea about what TV he's reviewing as he quotes the range.

I'm struggling to find the model number of the TV they were actually looking at in that article.

4k.com said the 7 series had crap contrast and washed out black:

4k.com/tv/…b2/

moneysavingkitten

I'm struggling to find the model number of the TV they were actually … I'm struggling to find the model number of the TV they were actually looking at in that article.4k.com said the 7 series had crap contrast and washed out black:http://4k.com/tv/hisense-h7gb2-review-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-50h7gb2-55h7b2-65h7b2/

I had a quick look into it and someone quoted that the smaller size sets used edge lighting whilst the larger used local dimming but I've found nothing solid to support this.

Suppose it's only what Samsung did to the big Japanese companies years ago

http://www.bairdtelevision.com/colour1.jpg
1944 HiDef Colour TV

Haha Samdung

Think edge lit tvs with va panels are best.
They are easy on the eye, i.e. white scenes dont burn out your retinas.

Oled and other point source tvs may look great in a brightly lit shop, but the whites are very bright, so in a darkened room the huge contrast between black and whites scenes may be uncomfortable.

This is all just a theory,
but until ive tried an oled at home in real world conditions, i am not convinced
Edited by: "lumsdot" 7th Aug 2016

lumsdot

Think edge lit tvs with va panels are best.They are easy on the eye, i.e. … Think edge lit tvs with va panels are best.They are easy on the eye, i.e. white scenes dont burn out your retinas.Oled and other point source tvs may look great in a brightly lit shop, but the whites are very bright, so in a darkened room the huge contrast between black and whites scenes may be uncomfortable.This is all just a theory, but until ive tried an oled at home in real world conditions, i am not convinced

​Local dim backlit is the best. The problem you're having is that you need bias back lighting on your TV setup.

One of the worst "technical" reviews I've ever read. I'd love Hisense to make great tv's, but they just don't compare to a decent brand, their support is terrible & their response times for gaming are shocking.

lumsdot

Think edge lit tvs with va panels are best.They are easy on the eye, i.e. … Think edge lit tvs with va panels are best.They are easy on the eye, i.e. white scenes dont burn out your retinas.Oled and other point source tvs may look great in a brightly lit shop, but the whites are very bright, so in a darkened room the huge contrast between black and whites scenes may be uncomfortable.This is all just a theory, but until ive tried an oled at home in real world conditions, i am not convinced

If your contrast between the two is good enough you don't need incredible brightness.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763980
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301

See more discussions