Cheap cigarettes

Posted 29th Feb
Has anyone been abroad recently?

I'm due to be visiting a few places around 'Europe'

Does anyone know the going rate for a sleeve of Marlboro Gold or Sterling Dual Capules in the duty free's?

P. S. I know its a terrible habit
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Pack them in and you'll save loads of money.
Recently lost my mother to lung cancer she was only 60 and I've just had my 1st child who is now 1. worst thing I've ever had to go through she was in incredible amounts of pain. if there's one thing I would say is try and stop not only will it save you're life it will save you lots of money.
Predikuesi29/02/2020 08:06

I knew someone was going to pipe up
24 Comments
Why is Europe in brackets?

Around £50 for Marlboro, will be less for Sterling, maybe around £40
Predikuesi29/02/2020 08:06

I knew someone was going to pipe up
Madrid was around 55 Euro in the airport for the Marlboro (on Thursday). Noticed they had no Stirling Dual, guessing they have possibly stopped stocking as the ban is due on May 20th, or I was blind! Normal Stirling was 47 Euro as bought a carton for a work colleague. L&M's around 38-40 Euro.
Can get you the pricing in Paris in 2 weeks times if of interest.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 29th Feb
winzzz29/02/2020 08:08

Alright Dad

I'll second that, son. Not a bad thought
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 09:18

Madrid was around 55 Euro in the airport for the Marlboro (on Thursday). …Madrid was around 55 Euro in the airport for the Marlboro (on Thursday). Noticed they had no Stirling Dual, guessing they have possibly stopped stocking as the ban is due on May 20th, or I was blind! Normal Stirling was 47 Euro as bought a carton for a work colleague. L&M's around 38-40 Euro.Can get you the pricing in Paris in 2 weeks times if of interest.

Why are they banning sterling dual, do you know Cecil?
Edited by: "save-me-money" 29th Feb
save-me-money29/02/2020 09:40

Why are they banning sterling dual, do you know Cecil?

It's all part of the menthol ban coming into force. (I work within supply chain). Pricing may also increase as Track and Trace compliance comes into force in the EU, whereby at distribution level we have to be able to trace every carton serial number throughout the supply chain. This off course costs money which may not be absorbed by some. It should have came into force last year, though the UK and EU where abit busy with something else lol.

acs.org.uk/sit…pdf

Rizla have a new product which is in stores now which is a "flavour" card you place into the packet for a while to give the menthol flavour.
conveniencestore.co.uk/pro…cle
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 29th Feb
Recently lost my mother to lung cancer she was only 60 and I've just had my 1st child who is now 1. worst thing I've ever had to go through she was in incredible amounts of pain. if there's one thing I would say is try and stop not only will it save you're life it will save you lots of money.
I'm so pleased I managed to quit. I don't think I could afford to smoke today etc.. So expensive, would probably be forced to buy dodgy fags from black market which could possibly be fake and far more dangerous etc...
When I went Tenerife the B&H Duel were around 25 euro a sleeve x
In Poland it will be £25-£30
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 09:18

Madrid was around 55 Euro in the airport for the Marlboro (on Thursday). …Madrid was around 55 Euro in the airport for the Marlboro (on Thursday). Noticed they had no Stirling Dual, guessing they have possibly stopped stocking as the ban is due on May 20th, or I was blind! Normal Stirling was 47 Euro as bought a carton for a work colleague. L&M's around 38-40 Euro.Can get you the pricing in Paris in 2 weeks times if of interest.

Are you now allowed to buy cigarettes from EU airports now at duty free prices? Always been off limits whenever I've been at EU airports travelling within the eu
chocci29/02/2020 14:51

Are you now allowed to buy cigarettes from EU airports now at duty free …Are you now allowed to buy cigarettes from EU airports now at duty free prices? Always been off limits whenever I've been at EU airports travelling within the eu

Dublin and Belfast didn't, though in Madrid they had dual pricing for within EU and outside EU.
chocci29/02/2020 14:51

Are you now allowed to buy cigarettes from EU airports now at duty free …Are you now allowed to buy cigarettes from EU airports now at duty free prices? Always been off limits whenever I've been at EU airports travelling within the eu

No, during the transition if you're flying to the UK it is not considered a non-EU destination from the EU. (NB Tenerife is not in the EU for Customs purposes).
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 14:54

Dublin and Belfast didn't, though in Madrid they had dual pricing for …Dublin and Belfast didn't, though in Madrid they had dual pricing for within EU and outside EU.

Yeah, I have seen dual pricing at most airports. The others were strictly non EU destinations (like we do at UK airports)
IamMT29/02/2020 15:01

No, during the transition if you're flying to the UK it is not considered …No, during the transition if you're flying to the UK it is not considered a non-EU destination from the EU. (NB Tenerife is not in the EU for Customs purposes).

Exactly as I thought.
chocci29/02/2020 15:15

Yeah, I have seen dual pricing at most airports. The others were strictly …Yeah, I have seen dual pricing at most airports. The others were strictly non EU destinations (like we do at UK airports)

I had actually read your first comment as "not allowed" rather than now allowed lol. In Belfast we could only ever buy if flying outside of EU, though on the way home most other EU airports had dual pricing and allowed you to buy at the EU pricing. Mind you leaving EU or not, I was returning to Dublin Airport rather than Belfast.
IamMT29/02/2020 15:01

No, during the transition if you're flying to the UK it is not considered …No, during the transition if you're flying to the UK it is not considered a non-EU destination from the EU. (NB Tenerife is not in the EU for Customs purposes).

So are you saying, if someone was going to Tenerife, they would pay non eu duty free prices? (the cheaper price)
save-me-money29/02/2020 18:35

So are you saying, if someone was going to Tenerife, they would pay non eu …So are you saying, if someone was going to Tenerife, they would pay non eu duty free prices? (the cheaper price)

Yes, hence why @parisp is quoting such a low price, but non-EU limits are lower, eg just 200 cigarettes, in comparison to EU duty paid quantities.
IamMT29/02/2020 18:37

Yes, hence why @parisp is quoting such a low price, but non-EU limits are …Yes, hence why @parisp is quoting such a low price, but non-EU limits are lower, eg just 200 cigarettes, in comparison to EU duty paid quantities.

I see, thanks very much!
Do people still smoke nowadays??
40017780-wwHhv.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants