Groups

Cheap computer wanted?

Hi I'm looking for a cheap computer desk top for my son so he can play on Minecraft, I bought this one of amazon but for some reason it won't download minecraft. amazon.co.uk/gp/…rch

14 Comments

Needs a graphics card m8

Original Poster

aazizi

Needs a graphics card m8

What is that?

Original Poster

aazizi

Needs a graphics card m8

Can you post a link of a graphic card please

Here are the system specs from Mojang who make Minecraft..
    You don't need to spend a fortune on the system, but as with all things, the more you pay the better the performance is.

Minimum Requirements:

CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1
    GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
    HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files
    Java 6 Release 45

Recommended Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
    HDD: 1GB
    Latest release of Java 8 from java.com

Software Requirements:

Minecraft Release 1.6 or newer. Older versions will need to be updated to current versions
    Please note that some users experience issues playing Minecraft while using a mismatched version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bit), while using certain versions of Java 7, or while multiple versions of Java are installed

spyro123

I bought this one of amazon but for some reason it won't download … I bought this one of amazon but for some reason it won't download minecraft. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HABDK40

Won't download, or won't install after being downloaded? Or both...?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Won't download, or won't install after being downloaded? Or both...?

Hmm I think it says something about storage but I'm not sure.

spyro123

Hmm I think it says something about storage but I'm not sure.

Does the PC allow you to download other items?

I see little reason it wouldn't at least download. Might not install if you don't meet certain hardware requirements though.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Does the PC allow you to download other items?

Yes I've downloaded iTunes ok.

Original Poster

paulsalmon77

I see little reason it wouldn't at least download. Might not install if … I see little reason it wouldn't at least download. Might not install if you don't meet certain hardware requirements though.

I think it is downloading just not installing right.

OptiPlex are Dell's business computers, not really designed for home use.

This is also a slimline case so you need to make sure that any graphics card you buy will fit inside the case.

Most modern PCs come with Intel HD Graphics built in and if you have that you wont need a graphics card. This OptiPlex probably does not have Intel HD graphics as the CPU is too old.

So overall this maybe was not the best purchase, any chance you can send it back?
    Edited by: "guilbert53" 6th Feb

What happens when you try to install it? does it give any error messages?

Original Poster

guilbert53

OptiPlex are Dell's business computers, not really designed for home … OptiPlex are Dell's business computers, not really designed for home use.This is also a slimline case so you need to make sure that any graphics card you buy will fit inside the case.Most modern PCs come with Intel HD Graphics built in and if you have that you wont need a graphics card. This OptiPlex probably does not have Intel HD graphics as the CPU is too old.So overall this maybe was not the best purchase, any chance you can send it back?

Yes you are right not a very good purchase sadly I can't send it back as I bought it in October.
    What computer can I buy that's cheap that will play minecraft could you post me a link please?
    Playing games is the only use I need a computer for (for a child)

Original Poster

Btw thank you all for your information and help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      4. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34

See more discussions