cheap curlers and straightners wanted

Found 25th Jul 2015
Looking for a pair of fairly decent straightners and curlers for occassional use. Not looking to spend too much but would like something that does a good job quickly. Can anyone suggest anything?

6 Comments

Best thing to do is to check out places like Boots, Superdrug, Argos etc for any on sale items - with regards to what to go for even on a budget ceramic straighteners are much better - they glide through your hair and give a better finish. I personally use some by Babyliss - they have the ability to adjust the temperature and the cord swivels as you you move it to stop it getting tangled - these were ones I got on sale in Boots a couple of years ago and still going strong.

I would be tempted to stick to known brands - you can always check out reviews online - also if you go into the shops you can get a look and feel of what they are like even though you won't actually be using them in store at least it gives you an idea of what they are like.

Original Poster

Fairyfeet1964

Best thing to do is to check out places like Boots, Superdrug, Argos etc … Best thing to do is to check out places like Boots, Superdrug, Argos etc for any on sale items - with regards to what to go for even on a budget ceramic straighteners are much better - they glide through your hair and give a better finish. I personally use some by Babyliss - they have the ability to adjust the temperature and the cord swivels as you you move it to stop it getting tangled - these were ones I got on sale in Boots a couple of years ago and still going strong.I would be tempted to stick to known brands - you can always check out reviews online - also if you go into the shops you can get a look and feel of what they are like even though you won't actually be using them in store at least it gives you an idea of what they are like.

Thank you for your advise. Do you have a model number for your babylis?

I have this curling wand and it's fab. Very easy to use and can curl my hair in minutes!
amazon.co.uk/Rem…OKI

samzam

Thank you for your advise. Do you have a model number for your babylis?

Mines an older model 2057U you can't get them anymore sadly but it was good as you can vary the heat settings - I mananged to get it really cheap.

I had another thought and did a bit of detective work - I don't know how you feel about buying off EBay but they have loads on there - for instance this seller ebay.co.uk/sch…c=1 who has quite good feedback also does 2/3 year warranty on the products - and the prices are pretty good. I'm sure there would be plenty of other sellers/outlets as well - Argos often do end of line things which can be a lot cheaper - same with Boots - Superdrug etc.

Original Poster

ckcla

I have this curling wand and it's fab. Very easy to use and can curl my … I have this curling wand and it's fab. Very easy to use and can curl my hair in minutes! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-Pearl-CI95-Curling-Wand/dp/B003SWZOKI

Thanks will take a look. Need to get one before friday so gonna check all suggestions out

Original Poster

Fairyfeet1964

Mines an older model 2057U you can't get them anymore sadly but it was … Mines an older model 2057U you can't get them anymore sadly but it was good as you can vary the heat settings - I mananged to get it really cheap. I had another thought and did a bit of detective work - I don't know how you feel about buying off EBay but they have loads on there - for instance this seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Curling-Tongs-Straighteners-/177659/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=dynamicsounds00&_sac=1 who has quite good feedback also does 2/3 year warranty on the products - and the prices are pretty good. I'm sure there would be plenty of other sellers/outlets as well - Argos often do end of line things which can be a lot cheaper - same with Boots - Superdrug etc.

thank you for that..as soon as ive done my pile of ironing going to check out your suggestions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions