Cheap deals for Graphics Cards GT 710 / 730

Found 30th Jan
please post any good deals for cheap nvidea graphics cards for an office machine as the GPU has failed

mobo is MSI g33m series Ms-7357 V1

it was passive cooled so i ideally looking for the same however the psu is 250w so may go for active cooling if i can.

there are 2 free molex connectors so could get a 6 pin adaptor.

The machine is for basic office use surfing the net, word, excel, email and printing/scanning.

Any deals will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Original Poster
33165117-Gncws.jpg
Original Poster
33165134-HOGui.jpgOld failed gpu
Original Poster
33165137-vOZ77.jpgOld failed gpu
Original Poster
Old card was passive cooled MSI v096 8500 GS 512mb ddr3 pcie
Original Poster
Specs are

Mobo MSI g33m ms-7357 v1
CPU core2duo 2.somthing GHz
Ram 2gb ddr2 however will upgrade to 4 / 6/ 8 if i can find a deal
HD kingston 120gb sad
PSU as above
DVD - rewiter
Card reader at the front
Original Poster
33165217-5LDtj.jpgThis is the machine here...
Original Poster
Any more info please request. I really appreciate any input you tech savy people have.

Thank you
Original Poster
Its definitely the GPU has failed. It won't post. Swapped the card over with another working one and it posts straight away.

Then put that faulty card in another machine and no post.
Original Poster
Whats happend to Mike T, who posted all the dell deals ages ago?
You can still buy that model on ebay 2nd hand or a 2nd hand gt 730 off ebay or cex.
You could always upgrade and get a low profile silent GTX1030. £60 or less.
Otherwise as mentioned above CeX is best bet.
The G in G33 stands for graphics, your motherboard has a built in graphics chip. They weren't usable on every machine, but it's worth checking if yours has video outputs on the motherboard.
Original Poster
kester763 h, 18 m ago

You can still buy that model on ebay 2nd hand or a 2nd hand gt 730 off …You can still buy that model on ebay 2nd hand or a 2nd hand gt 730 off ebay or cex.

Thanks for that however id prefer a new card as i don't want any more failures. The old failed card upon inspection looks like one of the capacitors has popped / swelled.

Was hoping to get an active cooled GPU within the power specs of my PSU.
Original Poster
Oneday773 h, 16 m ago

You could always upgrade and get a low profile silent GTX1030. £60 or …You could always upgrade and get a low profile silent GTX1030. £60 or less. Otherwise as mentioned above CeX is best bet.

Thanks any links? Will my PSU support that? Thanks
Original Poster
EndlessWaves3 h, 14 m ago

The G in G33 stands for graphics, your motherboard has a built in graphics …The G in G33 stands for graphics, your motherboard has a built in graphics chip. They weren't usable on every machine, but it's worth checking if yours has video outputs on the motherboard.

There is no VGA, dvi or hdmi out on the mobo! It doesn't even have pins for internal speaker for diagnostics, even though the manual states this....

Took forever to fault find as i did a full rebuild.
Original Poster
Id prefer new not 2nd hand especially with GPUs as they have always been over clocked and fail quickly. I've had issues with 2 2nd hand cards already.

My budget for GPU and 8gb ddr2 ram is about £75-100
Kevlar.Engineer1 h, 3 m ago

Id prefer new not 2nd hand especially with GPUs as they have always been …Id prefer new not 2nd hand especially with GPUs as they have always been over clocked and fail quickly. I've had issues with 2 2nd hand cards already. My budget for GPU and 8gb ddr2 ram is about £75-100

They're junk cards so zero chance of being overclocked. Gt 1030 is a good card but it's about 4-8 watts higher so you need to work out the maths on your system as the psu is rated for 218 watts for some reason.
Kevlar.Engineer1 h, 56 m ago

Id prefer new not 2nd hand especially with GPUs as they have always been …Id prefer new not 2nd hand especially with GPUs as they have always been over clocked and fail quickly. I've had issues with 2 2nd hand cards already. My budget for GPU and 8gb ddr2 ram is about £75-100

GTX1030

Though not much left for RAM.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 30th Jan
I've got a new/sealed Geforce 210 - 1GB you can have for £15 + postage which should just be a few quid.
Kevlar.Engineer2 h, 35 m ago

Thanks for that however id prefer a new card as i don't want any more …Thanks for that however id prefer a new card as i don't want any more failures. The old failed card upon inspection looks like one of the capacitors has popped / swelled. Was hoping to get an active cooled GPU within the power specs of my PSU.

I think you're investing too much on the whole idea that 2nd hand GPU capacitors are inferior to the ones in your PSU and on your motherboard. At the age of the system I would put PSU/Ram issues at the top of the list over GPU failure. I am alarmed that you're thinking about investing £100 in the system when a higher spec more modern system would be cheaper off ebay or another outlet.

ebay.co.uk/itm…GOm

I would be looking at around £10 for 2x4GB DDR2 and about £20 for a GPU tops to make it worth it, well I would probably recap the GPU 1st to see if that fixed the issue as that's about 50p
Original Poster
Thanks guys i needed a quick fit and not the cheapest but the quickest.

I got this being delivered tomorrow from amazon @ £51.42

Palit GeForce GT 730 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Silver £51.42

Wanted to get the 1030 but for an office machine couldn't push the boat out further.

Ill get some ram sorted soon. Just need the machine back and running...

Thanks for all your help HUKDers

Next task 4k gaming monitor for gaming rig...
Edited by: "Kevlar.Engineer" 30th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions