Cheap desktop PC for folks - budget £250ish

Found 12th FebEdited by:"cheaperbythe12"
Hi all

My mum has asked me to source a desktop PC for my dad. Budget is £250 and I can add an SSD and put on W10 myself. It also doesn't matter if it's a refurb so a bit more bang for buck.

I've checked eBay but just wondering if anyone's got any good recommendations? It doesn't need a GPU but would hope to have a more recent i5 processor and 8gb ram to keep them going for a good bit. Last PC they bought was in 2002 lol.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
Have a look at IJT Direct
I have bought several laptops and desktops from there with no problems.
4th gen i3 i.e 4130 with 8GB RAM and your SSD would be plenty for your parents PC. You can spend less than £120.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 12th Feb
Dell Optiplex 790 SFF ex-corp from ebay. loads around for just over £100.

small, fast, quiet and relaible.

In the Enterprise IT world I've seen tens of thousands of these deployed with a stupidly low failure rate (usually the hard drive! if anything ever fails.)
Thanks I'll have a look. Should be perfectly fine for him to get something like that and I can add an SSD if it doesn't come with one.
Of late on here itzoo keeps having stock pop in that looks very good value for money - nothing jumping out as super hot at mo to me - but seems to change daily - their stunningly hot deals seem to fly when on though.
If you search on here you will see recent bargains they have had.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 13th Feb
Bertz9913th Feb

Of late on here itzoo keeps having stock pop in that looks very good value …Of late on here itzoo keeps having stock pop in that looks very good value for money - nothing jumping out as super hot at mo to me - but seems to change daily - their stunningly hot deals seem to fly when on though.If you search on here you will see recent bargains they have had.

Cool.....I'm not actually in a massive rush as have about a month so hope to find something in that timeframe.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions