Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap digital camera required for my 3 year old!

I would like to buy a digital camera for my 3 year old son. I've looked at the children's digital cameras on the market but they're expensive and the general consensus is that they provide poor picture quality (0.3mp). Can anyone tell me if there are any digital cameras on the market for £25 or less, with a lcd screen and with at least 1mp photo quality?

5 Comments

how about a 2nd hand one from here or ebay. lots of people upgrading camera's so you should be able to get something cheap

I appreciate what you said above but I bought my daughter a Vtech Kidizoom camera for christmas (she was 4 last week) and panicked a bit when I then read all the reviews on the internet. I only bought it for her as her older sister wanted a proper camera and I just knew that my younger daughter would keep pinching it and would've dropped it before the end of the first day.

I have to say that it is one of the best things I have ever bought her and she loves it. I guess it depends exactly on what you want to get from the camera, we've never printed any off as she just wants to look at the pictures on the camera screen and the quality of these is absolutely fine, I obviously can't speak for photos that are printed out.

But the best things is that it can be dropped as many times as you like without breaking, you can make short films with sound, you can select different funny pictures like bunny ears, cars, devil wings etc that you fit around the person you are taking a photo of and there are also a few games they can play on there too.

Please make your own mind up about it but don't believe all the reviews you read as for every good comment in this world there will be 50 bad comments, I just wanted to let you know that my daughter loves hers.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about the Kidizoom. My friends son has one and they don't print out the photos and the quality on screen in good. In hindsight I probably won't be printing out my son's fabulous photos either!!!! So does anyone know a good deal on a Kidizoom?

Nealy;4563750

Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about the Kidizoom. My … Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about the Kidizoom. My friends son has one and they don't print out the photos and the quality on screen in good. In hindsight I probably won't be printing out my son's fabulous photos either!!!! So does anyone know a good deal on a Kidizoom?

My local argos has these for 29.99 as a managers special
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions