Groups
    EXPIRED

cheap Digital SLR

Really interested in purchasing a Digital SLR camera.

Whats the cheapest camera to buy - but obviously with good specs. im looking for a camera thats gunna give me nice looking photos but for a beginner to learn with.

cheers

18 Comments

If your interested im upgrading my dslr tomorrow and will be selling my eos 400d kit (body, grip, batterys, two lens and a bag).

united002;4031477

If your interested im upgrading my dslr tomorrow and will be selling my … If your interested im upgrading my dslr tomorrow and will be selling my eos 400d kit (body, grip, batterys, two lens and a bag).

Great camera to start with :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i could be interested? how much?

The full spec is the body (mint condition) canon grip (again mint) one canon battery and six 3rd party battery's, canon 17-55 lens, canon 55-200 lens, lowepro slingshot 100aw. I dont have the boxes for them but would be well packed.

Was looking for around £420 including RMSD?

Original Poster

ahhh i bet thats a good deal but not looking on spending that amount of cash sorry dude

looking to spend 300 max on a nice camera

No worrys i'll be putting it on here tomorrow anyway it may end up getting split up.

united002;4031779

The full spec is the body (mint condition) canon grip (again mint) one … The full spec is the body (mint condition) canon grip (again mint) one canon battery and six 3rd party battery's, canon 17-55 lens, canon 55-200 lens, lowepro slingshot 100aw. I dont have the boxes for them but would be well packed.Was looking for around £420 including RMSD?

Would you be tempted at £370 & RMSD? :whistling:

Original Poster

do you know what kind of lenses i should go for? probably can only afford one. mostly wanna take photos of big scenery landscape as well as close up magnified photos. im guessing those two extremes will need 2 difference lenses

Take a look at the Nikon D40 or the Sony A200 (which is what I have). Both good DSLR cameras for beginners and both under £300.

LadyP;4031870

Would you be tempted at £370 & RMSD? :whistling:

That's a good offer (yes im tempted) but I don't want to hijack this thread I'll be putting it for sale in it's own thread tomorrow.

No problem, hopefully it will still be there when I come in from work.

kimbyanne;4032051

Take a look at the Nikon D40 or the Sony A200 (which is what I have). … Take a look at the Nikon D40 or the Sony A200 (which is what I have). Both good DSLR cameras for beginners and both under £300.

You can't go wrong with either of these cameras, and in recent months there has been plenty of deals on both of them. Shop around and you can pick either up for about £230.

I bought a Nikon D40 in the summer for £200 (cash back deal) a 55-200 zoom lens £130 from Amazon, a flashgun from Jessops for £34, a bag and tripod from Argos Clearance for £10 and a couple of filters off E-Bay for £10.

Then spent a further £40 going to a local Community College running photography courses.

Original Poster

cheers for the reviews. ive decided i really want to take macro photos.
    as such the guide says i need a camera with image stabiliser? a high ISO setting would be good also i looked at the nikon d40 and doesnt seem to have that

Mclovin;4032600

cheers for the reviews. ive decided i really want to take macro photos.as … cheers for the reviews. ive decided i really want to take macro photos.as such the guide says i need a camera with image stabiliser? a high ISO setting would be good also i looked at the nikon d40 and doesnt seem to have that

The Sony has built in image stablisation (in the camera not the lense, which is better). It is a very good camera, I have owned one for a few months now and I am very happy with it.

Original Poster

yeah alot of reviews seem to be going for the A200. cheers for input. anyone got any cheap deals for one?

Original Poster

cheapest ive found so far is 265 quid?

oo and 30 quid cashback bringing it to 235. any cheaper? would like a nice macro lens if there is a deal?

Image stibilisation will probably help, but for macro work you really must have a tripod, so make sure you factor that into your budget. You can pick up some fairly cheap ones, but I suggest a Manfrotto or similar high-end brand to give good stability.

Mclovin;4033611

cheapest ive found so far is 265 quid?oo and 30 quid cashback bringing it … cheapest ive found so far is 265 quid?oo and 30 quid cashback bringing it to 235. any cheaper? would like a nice macro lens if there is a deal?

Get the prices for all the items off the internet and then pop into your local photography shop and ask for a deal. The ticket prices are usually very high, but they can usually do you a deal. Tell them what you want and then give them a figure you want to pay, about 20% less than your max figure and do a bit of bartering.

Bartering is good fun, don't be stressed about it, choose a local independent shop, flatter them a bit, let them know you've done your research, always stick to your max price, if the deal isn't good enough tell them, be light-hearted about it, tell them Dominic Littlewood is in a van with hidden cameras if you have to, really squeeze to get the best deal. And then just as your about to shake get them to throw a skylight filter in to protect the lens.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI1010
      2. parquet floor sanded57
      3. Decent hoover66
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22

See more discussions