Cheap direct debits

Posted 24th Oct
Hi all

I am currently in the middle of doing account switches for free cash. I switched already to Nationwide a few months ago (£100), and now I'm switching to TBS (£75). These offers need direct debits.

I used this website to make small direct debits. They have direct debits for £1 a year, which is very good for switching from account to account, and not needing to pay every month. They also have monthly direct debits, with a list of different bank offers and which direct debit each one needs.

What is your experience? Did you find 'free' direct debits? How did you do it?
Community Updates
10 Comments
Why not actually switch your direct debits? What difference does it make to you where they come from temporarily?
JohnnyRoller24/10/2019 16:43

Why not actually switch your direct debits? What difference does it make …Why not actually switch your direct debits? What difference does it make to you where they come from temporarily?

I'm talking about switching an account with no direct debits. but the offer requires 2 direct debits. So you create 2 small direct debits to meet the requirements.
How can you get free "direct debits" when you only pay a direct debit when giving out money. Definitely not worth the hassle to try and remember where you dd's are and which bank has what.
OP. From your link

Gocardless should be ashamed of themselves for allowing company to utilise their direct debit payment facility in this manner.
W
OllieSt24/10/2019 17:29

OP. From your linkGocardless should be ashamed of themselves for allowing …OP. From your linkGocardless should be ashamed of themselves for allowing company to utilise their direct debit payment facility in this manner.

Why? Its very useful. If you don't want to use it fine, but whats the problem?
timdr24/10/2019 17:03

I'm talking about switching an account with no direct debits. but the …I'm talking about switching an account with no direct debits. but the offer requires 2 direct debits. So you create 2 small direct debits to meet the requirements.

Yeah I mean switch the direct debits to the account you are switching first (phone bill and water etc.), then do the transfer of banks. Just transfer the bill amount over the day before it is due until you get the cash reward for switching then change them back. No need to make a big deal out of it, it’s so easy to change and monitor direct debits...
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 24th Oct
timdr24/10/2019 17:44

W Why? Its very useful. If you don't want to use it fine, but whats the …W Why? Its very useful. If you don't want to use it fine, but whats the problem?

Restricted activities

• using GoCardless solely for the purpose of generating or collecting
    financial benefits from any other organisation?

• support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other 'get rich quick' schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, including the collecting of payments for such schemes?
Edited by: "OllieSt" 24th Oct
Setup 2 £1.00 direct debits for charity.
I have a DD to Birmingham midshires savings account for £1 month and one DD to Post Office savings account. Once I have a balance of a fiver, I transfer back to bank account.. both pay interest however on such a small amount, it’s negligible. I use these to transfer to each new bank account. Used on Lloyd’s, NatWest, TSB, Nationwide, HSBC so far this year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants