Groups

Cheap fancy dress needed? Costume or Ideas please??

Banned
    Does anyone know of any cheap ways of going out in fancy dress? The theme is cartoon characters, but I've been looking on ebay and most of the outfits are £45 plus.

Does anyone have a cheaper solution or have an decent ideas.

Rep given to all helpers
    David

17 Comments

Have you tried the charity shops?

Flinstones really easy to make and you dont need to spend a lot.
    http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/The_Flintstones_Animated_Series_Fre.jpg

A nun is quite cheap and simple. Just a big black smock and a cross should do. Also, people love to try and bed a nun! ;-)

Original Poster Banned

pink;4467105

Flinstones really easy to make and you dont need to spend a lot.

I'm not into making stuff. Still wouldn't know how...

argos usually do some cheap suits.

failing that a sheet for a toga, or that old favourite of dressing in your other halfs clothes.

How about a smurf? blue face/body paint, white hat and white trackies or if you do go for blue body paint a friend of ours went as the Genie from the Disney Aladdin film, depends on the size of your belly though!

Trickyjabs;4467139

A nun is quite cheap and simple. Just a big black smock and a cross … A nun is quite cheap and simple. Just a big black smock and a cross should do. Also, people love to try and bed a nun! ;-)

Hows that cartoon character Lol

Go as Adam (as in Adam and Eve) just need a couple of big leaves :whistling:

Or even cheaper a naturist!

Get one of these from the pound shop they are very strechy and will cover you whole body.
    http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/MAgicScarves_Bar.jpg
    and go as a BOO BAH
    http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/boo.jpg
    Oh you will need a matching swim cap home and bargain have got them for 99p

Also helps if you are short and fat :whistling:

Shark Girl;4467608

How about a smurf? blue face/body paint, white hat and white trackies or … How about a smurf? blue face/body paint, white hat and white trackies or if you do go for blue body paint a friend of ours went as the Genie from the Disney Aladdin film, depends on the size of your belly though!

AWESOME idea-all my future fancy dress parties sorted!lol!:thumbsup:

shaneomac;4468219

AWESOME idea-all my future fancy dress parties sorted!lol!:thumbsup:

They had a smurf stagg party in Palma when I was there on my Hen party, it was so funny spotting all the bars they had been in by the blue hand prints, and all the girls with blue handprints on them !

pink;4468036

Get one of these from the pound shop they are very strechy and will cover … Get one of these from the pound shop they are very strechy and will cover you whole body.and go as a BOO BAH :)Oh you will need a matching swim cap home and bargain have got them for 99pAlso helps if you are short and fat :whistling:

you have to go with this, it's hilariuos. :thumbsup:

pink;4468484

They had a smurf stagg party in Palma when I was there on my Hen party, … They had a smurf stagg party in Palma when I was there on my Hen party, it was so funny spotting all the bars they had been in by the blue hand prints, and all the girls with blue handprints on them !

now THATs lol!:thumbsup:

white sheet go as caspar the friendly ghost lol

Banana79;4467104

Have you tried the charity shops?

Sorry but you did say rep for all help. I think the charity are aces for fancy dress on the cheap.

Original Poster Banned

Banana79;4471324

Sorry but you did say rep for all help. I think the charity are aces for … Sorry but you did say rep for all help. I think the charity are aces for fancy dress on the cheap.

Ye but that's a vague answer. Charity shops are decent for granny style dressing up, but that's about it.

Original Poster Banned

Anymore suggestions preferably cartoon based?

Thanks to everyone so far.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1832
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214454
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129

See more discussions