Expired

Cheap Flight to Sydney?

11 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2009
I've just been offered a return flight to Sydney for £895 (leaving 29th January, returning 30th August) but I have to accept it by 5pm tomorrow.

Should I take this offer while its still valid (its the cheapest I've been able to find) or is it likely I will find a cheaper fare?

Also, I should just point out that its on a quality airline (Etihad) and has (what I think is) a low date change fee of £35 and cancellation fee of £150.

Thanks.

11 Comments

:thumbsup:take it

take it- the fares for summer aint far off that usually, but make sure you get the best quote:
]travelsupermarket.com

Original Poster

Thanks.

Someone else has advised against travelling on Etihad and recommended I spend an extra £90 and go with Qantas - they can't really be that bad and still be a 4* airline can they (the Thomas Cook rep reckoned they were 5*!).

etihad are fine!! ive used em and so has my bro to bangkok!

That's not such a bad price. I had a look around lately and not much going cheap. I love Sydney! Enjoy it.

Original Poster

Mystx;6982137

That's not such a bad price. I had a look around lately and not much … That's not such a bad price. I had a look around lately and not much going cheap. I love Sydney! Enjoy it.

Thanks. The trouble is there is a friend who wants to come and there is only 1 seat left! Serves him right for waiting until last week to apply for his first passport though!

Any tips on where to stay in Sydney? As I'm in the country so long I was thinking about getting a temporary house share in one of the student houses.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6983371

Not that cheap really.I got this:Heathrow to Hong KongHong Kong to … Not that cheap really.I got this:Heathrow to Hong KongHong Kong to MelbourneSydney to ChristchurchChristchurce to AuklandAukland to LANew York to HeathrowFor £1080. Booked it in April and went in May this year, till July.

That is a lot more for the money. Flight prices plummet in May though - that will be why. January must be so expensive because its the Australian summer.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6983460

I'd take a look at http://www.statravel.co.uk/

Thanks, they are who the quote is from (Thomas Cook was actually cheaper than them but they agreed to beat the price by £2.29!).

Banned

You should have booked it a while ago! i got mine leaving jan 17 returning jan 17th 2011 for 655 flying 2 melbourne from heathrow

Original Poster

wooot;6983610

You should have booked it a while ago! i got mine leaving jan 17 … You should have booked it a while ago! i got mine leaving jan 17 returning jan 17th 2011 for 655 flying 2 melbourne from heathrow

Yeah I wish I did. I only decided to go in September and I've been holding out on a friend to get his passport. Its just getting ridiculous now so I'm booking without him and getting him to get a different flight. You wouldn't think he was an adult considering how persistant he is that we fly together, but took over a month just to fill out a passport form! I'm not waiting anymore!

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6984494

I only booked mine 2 - 3 weeks before I left and got that price. My mate … I only booked mine 2 - 3 weeks before I left and got that price. My mate did just Heathrow to Hong Kong to Melbourne to Heathrow, first two same as me, last one in August and his was £950, you may aswell stop off some places, the price hardly changes.

Where are you searching for this? The price vastly changes in my experience. Just using BA's "cheapest fare finder" as an example - London to Sydney in January is £1054 and in May its £814.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread that. The trouble is (well was) the £895 was a very cheap price, and it was price matched against Thomas Cook so they couldn't change it and honour the price.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions