Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap furniture

I have to move to a new city for a year and rent an apartment. Looking at places yesterday it was clear that there were way more options for unfurnished places than there were furnished (barely anything available). I think unfurnished is cheaper too, perhaps £50 or more which is £600 over a year.

So where are the best places to find cheapish furniture, like 2 person sofa, a few little cabinets, double bed etc?

Is Ikea generally regarded as the cheapest place besides going on ebay or something like freecycle?

4 Comments

Banned

I love freecycle, we got loads off there for our house then just replaced what we could when we had the money. Ikea is cheap but tend to also find good bargains in the likes of asda/tesco and argos to

Worth doing a search for local auctions, large items of furniture go for next to nothing.

Like you say Ikea is cheap, if you have one local its worth popping in regularly and checking in casualty corner where they sell stuff off cheap that has been damaged on display.

And don't forget fleabay.

Got some lovely 2 x Double mirror fronted wardrobes for £2.50, they are brilliant, like new really.

Just set it to nearest first, but ignore their milage and times as they are blooming pie in the sky :-D

Good luck with the move and the new place.

Jaycee21;8795392

And don't forget fleabay.Got some lovely 2 x Double mirror fronted … And don't forget fleabay.Got some lovely 2 x Double mirror fronted wardrobes for £2.50, they are brilliant, like new really. Just set it to nearest first, but ignore their milage and times as they are blooming pie in the sky :-DGood luck with the move and the new place.

Heres a useful link for sorting local E Bay items :

localbargainfinder.co.uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions