EXPIRED

Cheap HD-DVD Player

I am after a cheap HD-DVD Player. I know it appears as though the format is dying out, however, I am after a DVD Player, so it might as well be HD DVD. Don't want to be too specific on the spec. I will look at anything, hoping to pick up a bargain as the format is not long for this world... apparently.

7 Comments

I reckon you should wait for a couple of weeks.

Toshiba HDA3 HD DVD Player £92.73
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ka1fAoemL._SS260_.jpg
]http//ww…007

I know you already mentioned it but i really wouldn't get one if i were you. Toshiba (the main company behind HD DVD) are expected to announce any day now that they're stopping production of all HD DVD players and HD DVDs. In less than a year, any HD DVD player you buy will be obsolete. Even the films that are already out now for HD DVD will stop production and go Blu-Ray.

Wait til they are £50-£60 in a few weeks time mate ;-)

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;1601056

I know you already mentioned it but i really wouldn't get one if i were … I know you already mentioned it but i really wouldn't get one if i were you. Toshiba (the main company behind HD DVD) are expected to announce any day now that they're stopping production of all HD DVD players and HD DVDs. In less than a year, any HD DVD player you buy will be obsolete. Even the films that are already out now for HD DVD will stop production and go Blu-Ray.

Still be an excellent upscaling DVD player though with the option to stock up on HD-DVDs tghat have already been released at a knock down price... Might go for the Toshiba posted earlier

hypnoticstate;1601056

I know you already mentioned it but i really wouldn't get one if i were … I know you already mentioned it but i really wouldn't get one if i were you. Toshiba (the main company behind HD DVD) are expected to announce any day now that they're stopping production of all HD DVD players and HD DVDs. In less than a year, any HD DVD player you buy will be obsolete. Even the films that are already out now for HD DVD will stop production and go Blu-Ray.

They have announced the stop today news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Will be rare imo - worth like £100 ina few years
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions