Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap HDMI Cable

I need a cheap HDMI cable, i was just wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest one to get one would be?

8 Comments

Lidl do a very cheap one ebuyer.com again have a cheap cable. My choice is scan.co.uk who have one for about £7 which is excellent quality, and there is a trick for free delivery from Scan that you can find by searching around on here

Wilkinsons do one for £4.99 ebuyer is cheaper but more once you pay postage.
    Morrisons do one for £9.99 and you get a optical cable too, its for the PS3 but will work with anything,

I would only ever buy one that is v1.3a compliant. I am not sure if this is a marketing gimic but lesser revisions do not support all the features of the v1.3 spec (high bandwidth)

Heavertron;2001870

I would only ever buy one that is v1.3a compliant. I am not sure if this … I would only ever buy one that is v1.3a compliant. I am not sure if this is a marketing gimic but lesser revisions do not support all the features of the v1.3 spec (high bandwidth)

Which is great for 1080p, but unless you've got a 1080p screen that particular weak link isnt really relevant.

Original Poster

Thanks guys some of these are brilliant. I think i originally bought one for £90 puts it into perspective how good it is to look around before you buy!

social lurker;2001927

Which is great for 1080p, but unless you've got a 1080p screen that … Which is great for 1080p, but unless you've got a 1080p screen that particular weak link isnt really relevant.

v1.0 does not carry audio, although it has enough bandwidth for a full 1080p signal. I would call that a very relevant weak link!! Also there is other functionality which is too tediously technical to go into detail about.

Please take care to give factually correct advice:
    hdmi.org/lea…spx

Picked up one from Zavvi the other day for £5 and HMV are also doing the same HDMI lead but they want £10 for it. Not tried the cable yet as not ordered my PS3

Heavertron;2002035

v1.0 does not carry audio, although it has enough bandwidth for a full … v1.0 does not carry audio, although it has enough bandwidth for a full 1080p signal. I would call that a very relevant weak link!! Also there is other functionality which is too tediously technical to go into detail about.Please take care to give factually correct advice:http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/faq.aspx#14

If you can find any V1.0 leads around these days I would be very surprised and I believe that ALL hdmi leads carry audio (over the alternative DVI connection) although originally that was only 2channel. I stand by the fact that unless you have a 1080p screen, you are unlikely to see any difference between a v1.2 and v1.3 cables.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      2. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56
      3. Decent hoover66
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46

See more discussions