Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap holiday airport transfers

I am flying the family to Italy Milano airport next week for our family holiday. We need to get a taxi from the airport to our resort hotel in Portofino which is a bit of a drive away but the flights are booked so can't be changed.

I wondered if anyone had ever used the services of a cheap airport transfers provider such as hopparide.com/

I know airport taxis are dear but have been told I may save maybe 50% if I use one of the online airport taxi websites and book the airport taxi before we go. Has anyone had an experience of any of these types of sites?

11 Comments

One piece of advice might be to book it through someone like clicktransfers.com/ but then note the name of the local company they have used (it would be on your booking/voucher) - you might find the local company has their own website and may be able to do the transfer cheaper directly - at which point you can cancel the original booking
    Edited by: "theyiddo" 31st Jul 2014

Original Poster

That's interesting thanks. I think for my airport taxi I will use hopparide.com/ to book my airport transfer because I like the site, it seems more reliable somehow.

There are a lot of these type of holiday transfer websites about now it would seem.

It worked for me - Clicktransfers were the cheapest I could find when googling transfers for my trip to Spain. I booked through them, but then searched for the bus/taxi company online...and it was about £100 cheaper directly through them.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help, Clicktransfers and Hopparide both look good, I think I will try them both.

All the best.

what sort of prices return are you getting?

I often find its cheaper to hire a car for a week than pay for resort transfers

Original Poster

I got the best airport transfer to resort price from hopparide.com/

It was 10% less than the other and a lot less than getting a taxi at the airport, especially in Italy!

Not sure about other holiday destination taxi transfer costs though, you get prices live on the site so you can compare them easily.

All the best.

Blackhatter

I got the best airport transfer to resort price from … I got the best airport transfer to resort price from http://www.hopparide.com/It was 10% less than the other and a lot less than getting a taxi at the airport, especially in Italy!Not sure about other holiday destination taxi transfer costs though, you get prices live on the site so you can compare them easily.All the best.

milan to portofino is 166km with the nearest drop being genoa (I think)

cheapest price on hopparide is £486 return (2 adults, 2 children) and then a taxi from genoa to portofino (40km) is going to cost another £50 each way at least surely

car hire is £200ish for the week

what price did you get?
    Edited by: "chocci" 1st Aug 2014

If driving is not an option then the train is not to bad but lots of changes. The bus is another option. The bus to Genoa is 25 Euros and the bus to Rapallo is 2 Euros. Then just get a local taxi (6 miles) to your final destination.

Original Poster

Not in Portofino to start with, other half wanted to change plans so starting off near Milan then relies turning up for coast so borrowing a car. Mind you hiring a car in Italy in summer is never that cheap trust me, I've been there and done it, every little fiddle will be tried out on you!

Blackhatter

Not in Portofino to start with, other half wanted to change plans so … Not in Portofino to start with, other half wanted to change plans so starting off near Milan then relies turning up for coast so borrowing a car. Mind you hiring a car in Italy in summer is never that cheap trust me, I've been there and done it, every little fiddle will be tried out on you!

economycarhire.com quotes £173 for the week (monday to monday) with a fiat panda and full CWD/EDW and fair fuel policy

economycarhire.com/quo…632

use them all the time and great service.
    Edited by: "chocci" 1st Aug 2014

Original Poster

I used Sicily Cars I think it was last time, no good, cost about £300 for 8 days from memory plus the fuel stitch-up! lol.

Thanks for that, will look.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions