Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap hoover

Hi all,
    Any advice on a cheap hoover? Preferably upright but not fussed in rented flat dont want to spend more than £40.
    I have been looking at refurbished but a bit wary..any advice would be great.

10 Comments

Do you want the brand hoover or a vacuum?

Try Gumtree or Freecycle, you might be able to get one for free.

whatsThePoint

I got a sebo off freecycle, reason for the couple were getting rid of it … I got a sebo off freecycle, reason for the couple were getting rid of it was his elderly wife was finding it to heavy to carry up the stairs, still using it 4 years laterso you saying any secondhand vacuum is to be avoided isn't helpful at all

Yes my exact words were "never get a 2nd hand Vacuum," Of course some will be ok - Maybe a relative has died and they are clearing the estate - Majority will have problems though! Not really worth the risk, if you are tight on cash though. I'm sure the OP has found your answers helpful... Or not!

whatsThePoint

so would you include any item secondhand as being a not worth while risk … so would you include any item secondhand as being a not worth while risk or just vacuums because you know of a nationwide scam where people sell broken ones cheaply to make a few quid rather than chuck them away

Ah bless you

Original Poster

Im a bit wary of refurb as I have never done it & presumably it has been refurbed as it was broken!
    Thank you for helpful comments

I got a second hand dyson from cash converters 2 years ago and still works no problems I paid £45 for it.

Original Poster

Never thought of cash converters, thanks:)

Unicornriver has pointed to the Argos basic one. argos.co.uk/sta…htm?

I had the next one up which was about £10 more and it was awesome, I really don't think you could find a better one for £40. I had a Vax which cost £69 and it was pants compared to the Argos one. Suction on it was wicked. oO

Original Poster

Thanks good old Argos:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3988
      2. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      3. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121

See more discussions