Found 22nd Jul 2008
Anyone know of any cheap hotels in Madrid as me and some mates are going to see Real madrid v Malaga in November and booked flights and now just need somewhere cheap to stay for 2 nights

1. Ask
  2. Hotel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Hotel
5 Comments

Original Poster

thej;2583664

There is a travelodge relatively close to the … There is a travelodge relatively close to the stadium.]http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationId=h271&location=Madrid+Torrelaguna+Travelodge&checkInDate=08%2F11%2F2008&checkOutDate=10%2F11%2F2008&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&search=Check+availabilityor the cheapest option would probably be a youth hostel]http://www.youthhostelmadrid.com/findabed.php?PHPSESSID=a12b599b5d98b49791519a192156632cMy niece is coming over from Madrid tomorrow so will ask her for some recommendations and will get back to you.

Cheers for the info, just finalised my flights which came to £53 which seems like a bargain as no doubt if I would have left it until later in the year it would have been more expensive

Rep added

Original Poster

thej;2585594

Great price on the flights,was over at easter,great city,it's some … Great price on the flights,was over at easter,great city,it's some stadium as well.Main thing to watch out for is pickpockets,especially on the metro and at the stadium.

Thanks for the tip

Going to do the stadium tour while in the city just in case i dont get to go and see them again as plan to go to a few foreign games, think Barcelona is next

Original Poster

thej;2603219

Hi there,spoke to my niece,she said that the youth hostels are all nice … Hi there,spoke to my niece,she said that the youth hostels are all nice and clean,you can get breakfast at most of them as well.She also said that the cheaper ones will be like dormitories but you can ask for private rooms,which will be a bit dearer.Probably best to phone and ask.Glad to have been of help,hope you have a good time and enjoy the game.Sounds like a great idea going to some foreign games,something a bit different :thumbsup:

Thanks
Told my friends about the travelodge you mentioned and it works out at 130 euro for 2 nights for a family room which sleeps three people so looks like a good deal and at least our gear wil be locked away as not stayed in a hostel before so not sure if they have any place to store your stuff

most hostels have big lockers to store your stuff in, also if theres a big group of you you might find you fill a whole dormitory anyway so you wont be sharig with anyone else.

try ]here

i stayed in a hostel in madrid a while ago now i was worried as id never done it before. everything was fine though and much cheaper than a hotel.

ps will the travelodge let three adults stay in one family room?

Original Poster

guerilla;2618133

most hostels have big lockers to store your stuff in, also if theres a … most hostels have big lockers to store your stuff in, also if theres a big group of you you might find you fill a whole dormitory anyway so you wont be sharig with anyone else.try ]herei stayed in a hostel in madrid a while ago now i was worried as id never done it before. everything was fine though and much cheaper than a hotel.ps will the travelodge let three adults stay in one family room?

Thanks for the info on the lockers

Hopefully they will 3 adults in the family room as we booked one at London Docklands 2 years ago as we went to the motorshow and they didnt say anything just that the capacity is 3 people unless they have changed it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Money Saving Tips...2341
    2. Which wall design do you like best?89
    3. word association Game74244939
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901

See more discussions