Found 16th Jun 2011
Really struggling to find a hotel for 3 nights on the 8th July under £60 per night apart from those dormitaries with 4 bunkbeds in a room! When I think of sleeping in one of those I have visions of being pinned down and hit with a bar of soap, ala Full Metal Jacket!

Can anybody recommend somewhere cheap? Anywhere in the city centre will do on a room only basis.

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Hotel
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Hotel
14 Comments

£60 a night is cheap in Amsterdam in Summer isn't it?

Banned

I just got back from the dam last week, stayed 2 nights in the Ibis for approx £53 per night. check that out.

Original Poster

cdm22

£60 a night is cheap in Amsterdam in Summer isn't it?

Before the holidays start? Must be somewhere cheaper, surely?

Original Poster

2sly

I just got back from the dam last week, stayed 2 nights in the Ibis for … I just got back from the dam last week, stayed 2 nights in the Ibis for approx £53 per night. check that out.

I'll take a look, cheers.
Edit: £391 for that weekend! What a joke.
Edited by: "Mikey1610" 16th Jun 2011

Etap!

If you want super cheap theres a campsite about 10min drive from the center! Cost me £9 per person based on 6 of you!
Edited by: "fridgehead" 16th Jun 2011

Original Poster

Etap is near the airport, want something in city centre. I've managed to find one for £146 including taxes. Not only is it the cheapest (excluding dormitory) but it also includes breakfast which is a bonus.

The Dam seems to have become very expensive for accom, the hostels have become very expensive. around 6 years ago youd prob be paying £25 a night for somewhere pretty decent, that wont even get you anywhere now.

Hotel Ben is good... right in the centre of red light.

Fantastic.. Cost me and my friend £150 euro last year for 5 nights!

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy

Hotel Ben is good... right in the centre of red light.Fantastic.. Cost me … Hotel Ben is good... right in the centre of red light.Fantastic.. Cost me and my friend £150 euro last year for 5 nights!

Must be popular, seems to be fully booked for the weekend I need.

Banned

We went a few years back. Booked thru expedite or hotels.com - can't remember which - and got a 5 star hotel across from the train station for €60 a night as they were relaying the marble in the foyer and a bit of building work.

im going 2am tonight and were paying 29euros a night but we aint holding much hope on quality as hostle will let you know if its any good next week

Mikey1610

Before the holidays start? Must be somewhere cheaper, surely?

Holidays in Europe usualy start from 1st July and end on the last day of August. so expect to pay a premium
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Cineworld voucher11
    2. Wow apple you really are bad911
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2047
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4721607

See more discussions