Cheap house bricks

Posted 8th Sep 2020
Hi,

We are planning ahead and looking for a red 65mm brick to build a garage.
At the moment we are just looking for building materials to get an idea.

We came across
huwsgray.co.uk/bri…ks/

and some bricks seem cheap. We've also seen ebay ads for 400 quid for a thousand bricks.

Anyone know much about these bricks? Reason I'm asking is jewsons is around 500 and £650 for a thousand bricks?

p.s if anyone know of decent price brick yards in the northeast.

cheers
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
North East as in Aberdeen?
Are you building it yourself? I would have thought the builder would only up his price if he has to use your materials?
My neighbour used cheap bricks to build a wall between our gardens at the back. Now, about 20 years later, a few of the bricks have started to disintegrate and the faces have dropped off.
I remember a story about using cheap materials.Something to do with pigs and a wolf."Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in.".
I asked someone in the 'business' as it were, and without prompting he said Jewsons 1,000 bricks for £500 but of course there are many types of bricks. Don't forget to add on the delivery charge as well.
50p a brick would be around the right price
Mclwrth09/09/2020 08:34

My neighbour used cheap bricks to build a wall between our gardens at the …My neighbour used cheap bricks to build a wall between our gardens at the back. Now, about 20 years later, a few of the bricks have started to disintegrate and the faces have dropped off.

My wall is the same, although strangely the bricks seem to be the same as the house ones (at least visually) and they're fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text