Groups

Cheap insulation for loft

Hi Im renovating a house and need to put in 270mm of loft insulation before a building control inspection, anyone know who currently provides the cheapest insulation?

I am looking for 50m2 of wool insulation at a depth of 270mm. I dont qualify for free schemes as no one lives at the property.

Cheers

7 Comments

Cheap insulation is a very sore subject at the moment.

The OP is talking rockwool not PIR boards. I'm not insulating a loft but I am renovating our double hall and landing and bought two rolls of Knauf base layer Earthwool for £24.99 a roll from Wikes, not sure how well priced this is but I have found in the past that Jewsons is cheaper than Wikes most of the time.

Have a look on Ebay/Gumtree and Shpock - probably won't find enough to do a whole loft but will likely find some cheaper than you can buy elsewhere.

£18 per roll at b and q or as low as £15 per roll with multi buy offers

Maybe go and have a word with your local builders merchant. With the amount you want to buy they might be more competitive than B&Q and the like.

B&Q do multibuy deals on the insulation. Youre effectively after 50 sq m of 100mm for the joist gaps then 50 sq m of either 170mm or 200mm for the top layer.
    I would just ring round everywhere for quotes as you will be surprised that the likes of BQ and Wickes are cheaper than builders merchants irrespective of what people still think nowadays

Have you checked here?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Google assistant notification57
      2. Superdrug weekly deals22
      3. Mayweather vs Mcgregor44
      4. cheap glasses websites11

See more discussions