Expired

Cheap ladder for home

Found 3rd Jan 2009
Hi all,

I'm looking for a cheap ladder to keep in my loft or under my stairs. Ideally needs to have 3 steps or more.

I just need it to get in and out of my loft at home, so needs to be 4 foot or bigger

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Ladder
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Ladder
3 Comments

i would say it is safer to use a proper loft ladder, what happens when you are coming out of your loft and you knock the ladder over???
diy.com/diy…218
they are easy to fit as hubby did ours might be cheaper if you look around too
corinne

if you are near Bristol I have a combination (step ladder or extendable ladder depending on requirement) ladder I bought from Argos for about £40, its been used about three times and then we had no need for it after a loft extension - you can have it for £25 - I think its quite a good quality (very sturdy but light) one.

cheers,
dan

Original Poster

rosalie;7412482

i would say it is safer to use a proper loft ladder, what happens when … i would say it is safer to use a proper loft ladder, what happens when you are coming out of your loft and you knock the ladder over???http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10597531&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=386854218 they are easy to fit as hubby did ours might be cheaper if you look around toocorinne

Yeah thanks for the advice and after looking into it your probs right so will look for a loft ladder

dt_matthews;7414531

if you are near Bristol I have a combination (step ladder or extendable … if you are near Bristol I have a combination (step ladder or extendable ladder depending on requirement) ladder I bought from Argos for about £40, its been used about three times and then we had no need for it after a loft extension - you can have it for £25 - I think its quite a good quality (very sturdy but light) one.cheers,dan

Hi Dan, I work near Taunton but live in Weymouth if your ever near the Taunton area. If not Bristol is getting on abit further from me.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.