Expired

cheap laminate flooring, wenge or black?

9 replies
Found 12th Oct 2007
any ideas where i can ge laminate flooring cheap , black or wenge(as i think this is black)

1. Ask
  2. Laminate
10 Comments

looks like b&q for you then. to be honest i'd say get the most expensive you can afford, the cheap stuff does look very cheap sometimes. the stuff with the beveled edges looks great

Laminated can be hard to lay if your floor is uneven,my partner did the living room and he was doing fine until we had this ridge on the floor in middle of floor and it went wrong,we also carried it home aswell from B&Q,I ain't carrying home flooring again with him then we had 80 steps to carry it up into our road,never again.
When I had the kids bedroom done I called around got some quotes and had it done properly and they had their own flooring to choose from I think it was about £220 for flooring the underlay and labour, and the guy did the room really quickly in just over a hr and its a brilliant job done.
So yeh keep that in mind its tricky to lay if you don't know what you doing really.
I'd have my living room done properly next time but am reluctant at moment cos he won't remove the dart board and when darts have bounced off the wire well there all dart marks on the flooring,I not putting out £300 or whatever it be,it bigger this room than the bedroom we had done and cos a few yrs bk prices gone up,just for it be darted.

Homebase can be quite cheap too for laminated flooring,if you going go ahead and do it yourself might be worth checking there,they sometimes do 10% Fridays,you see them advertised on tv usually.

be very careful what you buy, the cheap stuff is that and the old saying "you get what you pay for" def comes into action when buying this stuff.

Muwolves

be very careful what you buy, the cheap stuff is that and the old saying … be very careful what you buy, the cheap stuff is that and the old saying "you get what you pay for" def comes into action when buying this stuff.

True,I ain't going be buying any of it again,will only pay for it to be done properly cos too much hassle.When you trying fit it and click it into place it can break off so easily the clicking in joints.

carperkm

looks like b&q for you then. to be honest i'd say get the most expensive … looks like b&q for you then. to be honest i'd say get the most expensive you can afford, the cheap stuff does look very cheap sometimes. the stuff with the beveled edges looks great

We have bought the B&Q cheapie stuff & the Wickes cheap stuff both similar price, the wickes is so much better than the B&Q, B&Q is difficult to clip together & after 18 months looks knackered!! Wickes stuff is lovely just did both my kids rooms for £100 in flooring & underlay.

Mum2Connor&Cerys

Laminated can be hard to lay if your floor is uneven,my partner did the … Laminated can be hard to lay if your floor is uneven,my partner did the living room and he was doing fine until we had this ridge on the floor in middle of floor and it went wrong,we also carried it home aswell from B&Q,I ain't carrying home flooring again with him then we had 80 steps to carry it up into our road,never again.When I had the kids bedroom done I called around got some quotes and had it done properly and they had their own flooring to choose from I think it was about £220 for flooring the underlay and labour, and the guy did the room really quickly in just over a hr and its a brilliant job done.So yeh keep that in mind its tricky to lay if you don't know what you doing really.I'd have my living room done properly next time but am reluctant at moment cos he won't remove the dart board and when darts have bounced off the wire well there all dart marks on the flooring,I not putting out £300 or whatever it be,it bigger this room than the bedroom we had done and cos a few yrs bk prices gone up,just for it be darted.

we had the same problem, have living & dining rooms knocked through did the dining part, got as far as living room & it was lower just slightly, meant we had to have a join between the 2 with one of those strips to cover the join, looks dreadful & the strip doesnt stay down, had to screw the flooring down under the strip to stop it lifting & glue the strip down, I would go for a professionsl job too next time, but would cost quite a lot.

sanmarco5

we had the same problem, have living & dining rooms knocked through did … we had the same problem, have living & dining rooms knocked through did the dining part, got as far as living room & it was lower just slightly, meant we had to have a join between the 2 with one of those strips to cover the join, looks dreadful & the strip doesnt stay down, had to screw the flooring down under the strip to stop it lifting & glue the strip down, I would go for a professionsl job too next time, but would cost quite a lot.

Yeh this is what I mean when things go wrong,mine in a mess too at 1 end of the room,I have to have furniture covering it,its rather patched up,you can buy these fillers that you match up with the flooring colour you got but they rubbish and a waste of money they don't disguise anything.I never let my partner and his mate lay a floor again,hence I got the kids bedroom done proper when wanting that done.I would get this living room done but I ain't paying out all that cash for the floor to get darted.Its just aswell I'm not particularly house pride,like everything matching and perfect etc,I ain't into all that.

Mum2Connor&Cerys

Yeh this is what I mean when things go wrong,mine in a mess too at 1 end … Yeh this is what I mean when things go wrong,mine in a mess too at 1 end of the room,I have to have furniture covering it,its rather patched up,you can buy these fillers that you match up with the flooring colour you got but they rubbish and a waste of money they don't disguise anything.I never let my partner and his mate lay a floor again,hence I got the kids bedroom done proper when wanting that done.I would get this living room done but I ain't paying out all that cash for the floor to get darted.Its just aswell I'm not particularly house pride,like everything matching and perfect etc,I ain't into all that.

I like everything to match & be prefect, sadly i have 3 kids & am a childminder so most things get wrecked!! lol

sanmarco5

I like everything to match & be prefect, sadly i have 3 kids & am a … I like everything to match & be prefect, sadly i have 3 kids & am a childminder so most things get wrecked!! lol

Right,yeh I'm not fussed like that really.I've onyl got 1 pair of curtains for my living room and I've had them up since 2001 they only come down to be washed,but they were navy 2 to begin with,but now cos of sun coming through in places they look a slight pink colour cos of the fading.
My Mum buys me stuff I need essentials like kitchen tea towels,pegs that sort of thing,even tho I'm 27.I really not got any time for any of it,just not interested at all,I don't even have a toilet roll holder I just leave it on top of toilet.all my plates and cutlery its all odds and end,my bedding don't match,you get the picture anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73812
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…77
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66

See more discussions