Cheap laptop

Posted 29th FebEdited by:"Lily"
Hi, is it possible to buy a laptop for under £250 ? My old laptop has finally gone to techie heaven 😡 I have been managing with my iPad and Android, but I hate typing letters on them, took slow! I would probably be surfing, letters, email and just basic stuff.
Any positive suggestions please?
PS would like to watch dvds also.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Definitely possible. Biggest question for budget is 1st or 2nd hand, followed by approx size of screen for device.
here's a scorcher on the deal section right now for £208.69!

hotukdeals.com/dea…262

not many laptop has a dvd player these days as that is a bit old now. you can buy an external CD/DVD drive and plug it into the laptop if you want to watch DVDs, they are pretty cheap.
Edited by: "mutley1" 29th Feb
A device with integrated DVD drive is likely to be cumbersome in the budget sector. Possible alternative would be ultrabook-type device plus £10 external USB DVD, and your stated use-case of "surfing, letters, email and just basic stuff" suggests a device under £120 should be more than adequate. Random example of £115 open box or similar with 12m warranty, possibly £100 if you accept 6m warranty alternative. Family members have some and more than happy, the example device even plays high-compression HEVC / x265 media if that floats your boat rather than old skool DVD.
ebay.co.uk/itm…810
Stock rotates frequently so just check this supplier's store for alternatives with some options for different processors / storage configurations.
Random examples external USB DVD: ebay.co.uk/itm…156 or amazon.co.uk/dp/…BP/
Thank you for your advice so far
You can buy a sturdy Lenovo L520 off eBay for £80 only.
Any tried and tested ebayer's?
Lily01/03/2020 17:06

Any tried and tested ebayer's?

I bought this USED one for my aunt recently :
ebay.co.uk/itm…649

Comes with the charger and the Win7 COA underneath the battery. No issues at all.

Lenovo used laptops are usually ex-office laptops which have been discarded as employees have been given new shiny upgrades.
Edited by: "zworld" 1st Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants