Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap laptops USA

I am going on holiday. I was wondering if laptops are cheaper in America.

If so, where would be the best place. looking for a 13" screen one.

Rep will be added

thanks

5 Comments

Keyboard will be a US keybord not a UK one.
    Software will be US versions not UK
    Laptop will not be supported in UK if it goes wrong
    Mains plug will be different
    Customs will clobber you if you are caught bringing it back

Edited by: "guilbert53" 3rd Aug 2010

guilbert53

Keyboard will be a US keybord not a UK one.Software will be US versions … Keyboard will be a US keybord not a UK one.Software will be US versions not UKLaptop will not be supported in UK if it goes wrongMains plug will be differentCustoms will clobber you if you are caught bringing it back

lol, postive comment. Something tells me you dont like the US.
    Customs wouldnt know. Secondly, you could always buy a crap one and take that out there with you, and just leave there and return with new one.

leeparsons

lol, postive comment. Something tells me you dont like the US.Customs … lol, postive comment. Something tells me you dont like the US.Customs wouldnt know. Secondly, you could always buy a crap one and take that out there with you, and just leave there and return with new one.

why would you wanna buy a crap one and spend money on it to leave it there might as well put that money to the money you was gonna spend in america and buy one here lot less hassle and the first post is right

What guibert53 is saying is VERY valid. The customs issue is easy to sort, but the power supply and keyboard layout is not so simple.

Look at the prices on dell.com or pcworld.com or usanotebooks.com or gateway.com/

Make your own mind up if you want a USA layout keyboard and if the exchange rate is ok, then do it..personally I would not bother. I bought just a USA keyboard wireless from USA, I didn't realise how useless they are!

Good luck

Original Poster

Thanks for all the useful advice. Rep added for all:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions