Expired

Cheap London 30th birthday ideas, approx 15 people.

Found 14th Oct 2014
Hey HUKDers

It's my girlfriend's 30th birthday next month and I know she'd like to do something different and bigger for this one.

We have a limited budget (I can contribute £150-£200 if I really have to) but I'd like to organise something out in London that can accomodate roughly 15 people without spending too much. I was thinking dinner somewhere first (which I can easily organise) but it's the post-dinner event I'm struggling with.

She's not a party animal and doesn't like the idea of a club. I think she'd settle for going to a nice quiet-ish bar as a last resort but I'm wondering if there's something more interesting out there.

She mentioned karaoke, which is an option. Previously a friend of mine had an event at "Drink Shop Do" next to King's Cross which was a hired room with games, play-do, papier mache, with a fully stocked bar which was a nice idea, but we don't want to copy that (besides which I think it'd be out of our price range).

Does anyone have any other suggestions along those lines?

EDIT:
The only other unconvential idea I've had so far is attending a "Pitch Perfect" (the movie )Sing-Along event at the Prince Charles theatre, which would be fun (assuming her friends are into that). And then drink at any bog-standard place afterwards.
Community Updates
9 Comments
be a kid again....... dodgems!!!
Namco London
I did consider that! However the namco funscape has reaaaally declined in recent years. Half the arcade machines don't even work any more. I went last year and the guitar hero guitar was sticky
The national history museum is open all night, my friends went last year and seemed to enjoy it - food, drink and entertainment
rainbowkat

The national history museum is open all night, my friends went last year … The national history museum is open all night, my friends went last year and seemed to enjoy it - food, drink and entertainment

That's a nice idea! Although I can't see where it says it's open all night. From what I can tell, they have a "lates" night on the last Friday of each month which will be the wrong timing for us
check out the fullers pubs, you can hire their function rooms for circa £50, you could then spend the rest on decorations and what not and throw a party
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/after-hours//dino-snores-grown-ups/

I think all dates for this year have sold out Good luck choosing somewhere though!
prince charles cinema is awesome. film as it should be

heart of gaming is a cool arcade place

there's bloomsbury lanes which is bowling, karaoke and pizza all in one

or a daytime activity - hint hunt
davewave

this is a laugh and … this is a laugh and reasonablehttp://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/bars/londons-best-ping-pong-bars-8301044.html

That seems like a really good idea! Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys/gals, that was really helpful

If anyone else has any more ideas, keep 'em coming, I'm not decided yet!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants