Found 31st Jan
I am looking to do a makeover party and need some cheap but nice makeup. Anything from free to about £1.50 an item for foundation/brushes/concealer/blush/mascara/liner/etc.... Any websites, tips and ideas greatful!!!
Does anyone know how good Poundland makeup is?

1. Ask
  2. Make Up
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Make Up
9 Comments

I got my young niece loads of Mua make up from Superdrug at £1 an item which also seems to go on 3 for 2 quite often.
I've seen a large eyeshadow wheel for £3.99 I think in Argos also with good reviews which might be ok?

Make up revolution might be worth looking at at Superdrug too. They start at about £1 and did have a free pallet with I think about £10 spend

Make up revolution in superdrug. Amazing quality make up and great saturation of colour

Another vote for Makeup Revolution - bought bits and pieces of theirs and never been disappointed. Superdrug often has specials, as does their main website, TAM Beauty.

MUA (Makeup Academy) aren't strictly £1 only any more, same as MUR but depending on reviews MUR come out top, not always though.

And, of course, retail Pound Shops are always great for a rummage (Pound-land and -world). Poundland had lots of Sleek items in recent times, even bought my favourite mascara ever from there a few months ago (Max Factor 2000 Calorie - stocked up!). Maybelline, NYC, Max Factor, Revlon, L'Oreal etc commonly found there.

Poundshop.com had some Korres makeup which is well worth it poundshop.com/cat…res (they had lipsticks and cheek/lip balms, sometimes comes in and out of stock) - though you have to add P&P.

These Bellapierre lipsticks are highly recommended too (not many shades left though) hotukdeals.com/dea…129

and Fragrance Direct has Clarins lipsticks for £5.99 if you want to go a bit more upmarket fragrancedirect.co.uk/cla…062 mentioned here originally hotukdeals.com/dea…039

Came on to suggest make up revolution or make up academy from superdrugs, and what do you know , everyone's beaten me to it definately worth trying them , I use their eyeliner as it's very soft and doesn't drag the skin and also eyeshadow as the pigment is good. Just bought some lipsticks too, nice colours but haven't tried those yet .

My wife swears by Primark - she says cheap but looks and feels like Mac.

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

Came on to suggest make up revolution or make up academy from superdrugs, … Came on to suggest make up revolution or make up academy from superdrugs, and what do you know , everyone's beaten me to it definately worth trying them , I use their eyeliner as it's very soft and doesn't drag the skin and also eyeshadow as the pigment is good. Just bought some lipsticks too, nice colours but haven't tried those yet .

Do you now about cosmetics fairy???

zlmg100303

Do you now about cosmetics fairy???

Just my personal opinion, I used to rate Cosmetics Fairy but their prices have went up and stock is a bit lacklustre these days.

Bought a ton of Coty Airspun Loose Powder from there (almost impossible to get in the UK) at a bargainous £4.99 a pot - wish they'd get that in again!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 2nd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…910
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    4. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88

See more discussions