Cheap mobile with wifi hotspot

Found 7th Aug 2012
Can anyone recommend a cheap mobile with wifi hotspot (personal hotspot).

I have a Lumia 710 reserved at CPW (£110) but I am struggling to work out if that is the best option.

I will only be using the phone for calls, texts, small amount of internet and wifi hotspot (in connection with my iPod Touch).

My budget is probably £150, which seems to be the going price for a Lumia 800 on ebay.

Any suggestions would be great.
Community Updates
MiscMobilesMobile Phone
11 Comments
I think the Wifi hotspot is built in the operating system rather than the phone. And I think it was android 2.3 and up. Google it to be honest as I can't 100% remember
blackberry 9320?
HTC Desire S has hotspot capability...I know they were down to £110 on smartfonestore..if they have any left.
garbage456

I think the Wifi hotspot is built in the operating system rather than the … I think the Wifi hotspot is built in the operating system rather than the phone. And I think it was android 2.3 and up. Google it to be honest as I can't 100% remember

Your right any android phone 2.3 and up.
Thank you. I like the look of HTC Desire S and Blackberry 9320 (both seem to be going for around £100).

How do these compare to the Lumia 710, also does anyone know a decent mobile phone comparison website?
the huawei ascend g300 is £100, maybe cheaper with code somewhere. great phone and pretty sure they have android 2.3 so it will work.

use this site

gsmarena.com/nok…php

to compare the 710 against other phones.
kylewalker

the huawei ascend g300 is £100, maybe cheaper with code somewhere. great … the huawei ascend g300 is £100, maybe cheaper with code somewhere. great phone and pretty sure they have android 2.3 so it will work. use this sitehttp://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_710-4276.phpto compare the 710 against other phones.

Thank you for the website. It looks like the Huawei Ascend g300 is locked to Vodafone. I currently have an orange contract.
you would need your contract to have data or have bt broadband. android 2.3 could definately do it.
mutley1

you would need your contract to have data or have bt broadband. android … you would need your contract to have data or have bt broadband. android 2.3 could definately do it.

I have 1gb with Orange (previously on an iPhone contract), so I don't believe I will have any issues
lozfitz

Thank you for the website. It looks like the Huawei Ascend g300 is locked … Thank you for the website. It looks like the Huawei Ascend g300 is locked to Vodafone. I currently have an orange contract.

you can get it unlocked for around £5 on ebay
don't know much about nokia with regard to its abilitity to pick up hotspots.
on my android phone i have apps that pick up wifi hotspots so perhaps you could look to see if there are similar apps for nokia.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants