Expired

Cheap Nintendo DS Lite deals?

Found 26th Jul 2007
Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any good deals on the DS Lite, either in a bundle or standalone - for a friends daughters birthday, but she definitely does not want pink!!

Thanks

John

17 Comments

I would also be interested in any good current deals.

There is a chance you could get a DS Lite standalone for £69.10 from Littlewoods, but some people have had trouble with the vouchers, and delivery time is about 3-4 weeks at present. There's a thread about it in the forum.

I want one a bit quicker than that and don't want to take the chance of not having vouchers credited, so any other deals would be most welcome!

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd use this one.

Got a kids birthday coming up and am looking for good bundle/deals on the Nintendo ds lite pink.

Got a friend going to the US and was going to get them to buy one for me, but they thought US charger won't work in UK :-(

Cheers

Charlie Brown

charlie brown

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd use this one.Got a kids … Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd use this one.Got a kids birthday coming up and am looking for good bundle/deals on the Nintendo ds lite pink. Got a friend going to the US and was going to get them to buy one for me, but they thought US charger won't work in UK :-( CheersCharlie Brown

just get a converter for the charger cost around a fiver

zelda-fans.com/arc…ns/

read the link and scroll down to where it says ac adapter

Also looking for a decent deal. Was going to go for the Littlewoods one but seemed dodgy and would take too long.

About the charger you could just use a standard Transformer, from US voltage to UK voltage

When I've looked at transformers in the past (when I've got miles of fancy outdoor xmas lights in the USA Sales) the ones I needed seemed to be difficult to get and cost over £40.

I'd appreciate a link or details of where to get a suitable one from and will look into it a bit more. I guess by the time I've got the Uk transformer & US console I might be better off getting it from Currys for £99.99 + 1 free game for £19.99 and just getting the games from USA:)

Cheers Charlie Brown
wal - mart price: $129 + tax (3% I think) walmart.com/sea…=10

currys deals in store and online:from around £99.99+
currys.co.uk/mar…519

Well im working in Maplins at the moment and they seem to have them for quite cheap. 45 watts one is only 8 pounds and a 200 watts one (Which looks massive lol) Is 14.99.

Personally doesnt seem to bad to me but im sure you could get them cheaper online somewhere

Sweetchinmusic

Well im working in Maplins at the moment and they seem to have them for … Well im working in Maplins at the moment and they seem to have them for quite cheap. 45 watts one is only 8 pounds and a 200 watts one (Which looks massive lol) Is 14.99.Personally doesnt seem to bad to me but im sure you could get them cheaper online somewhere

Thanks are these the ones you mean?
maplin.co.uk/mod…3m9
maplin.co.uk/Sea…3m9

Cheers
Charlie brown

One problem with getting a US console (I know as I have one), is that the international code inside the DS is US. This can be a pain in certain on-line games, such as Metroid, which search for games nationally and internationally, since if you opt to search nationally, it pairs you up with players in the US, which is a pain, because of lag etc. It essentially means I can't search for people who are most likely to have least ping.

This isn't a huge problem, and I don't know if all on-line games implement this scheme, but it's worth knowing at any rate.

If I had to get another DS, I'd make it a UK one for this very reason.

Without mucking around with Littlewoods, vouchers and refunds, Blockbuster do one with More Brain Training for £100. Got one last week.

i got a brand new one for £85 delivered?

sarbjeet_

i got a brand new one for £85 delivered?

littlewoods? great universal?

neither. got it as a gift.

Banned

I have found a canadian one (same voltage as UK) for £73.78 at [url]www.dvdboxoffice.com[/url] they also have free worldwide delivery. I have ordered many dvd's from them and they usually take about 1 week. The only problem you may have is the online coding as mentioned above and if the things needs returning.

dvdboxoffice.com/990…rue

They also do a bundle deal for just under £90 with a game

UltimoScorpion

The only problem you may have is the online coding as mentioned above … The only problem you may have is the online coding as mentioned above and if the things needs returning.

No, the only problem is you'll get hit for at least another £13 in VAT and possibly import duty, then another £8 or so to the carrier as a customs handling charge making it a bargaintastic £94. Or you could just order one from play.com for £94.99

BillyHey

No, the only problem is you'll get hit for at least another £13 in VAT … No, the only problem is you'll get hit for at least another £13 in VAT and possibly import duty, then another £8 or so to the carrier as a customs handling charge making it a bargaintastic £94. Or you could just order one from play.com for £94.99

I bought an original Phat DS from dvdboxoffice as well as other games and dvds, and have never once been charged vat or customs. E very package i get from them seems to come via germany so i dont know if that has something to do with it.

But More Brain Training is worth £18 so the DS deal at Blockbuster is £82 :-)

Banned

wheelbo

I bought an original Phat DS from dvdboxoffice as well as other games and … I bought an original Phat DS from dvdboxoffice as well as other games and dvds, and have never once been charged vat or customs. E very package i get from them seems to come via germany so i dont know if that has something to do with it.

I've mainly only ordered DVD's but some of the xmas orders of mine have exceeded £100, and never been charged import duty or VAT. Perhaps should shut up I might have C&E after me.

Watch yer backs, they're after ya!!! :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text