Cheap noise cancelling earphones

Found 28th Feb
hi
is there any such thing please?....
I'm not all that discerning on sound quality.
have just moved into a noisy office and
have enough problems concentrating at the best of time, sooo need to filter out other conversations and phone calls.
Happy to buy secondhand from eBay.
Appreciate any suggestions thanks
Di xx
Community Updates
AskElectronics
16 Comments
There are multiple choices depending which type your prefer? In ear, over ear or on ear?

Also do you want them wired or wireless?

In ear tend to be the most effective at noise cancellation however they are not always comfortable for some people.

This is assuming they are for use with a mobile phone.
Edited by: "Terracore" 28th Feb
Original Poster
Thank you for help.
Sometimes find in ear ones fall out, so would prefer on or over ear if possible. Wired would be fine. Would listen to quiet radio from my phone yes.

Thanks again xx
DianeFR21 m ago

Thank you for help. Sometimes find in ear ones fall out, so would prefer …Thank you for help. Sometimes find in ear ones fall out, so would prefer on or over ear if possible. Wired would be fine. Would listen to quiet radio from my phone yes. Thanks again xx

Have you got a rough budget in mind or brand?
DianeFR40 m ago

Thank you for help. Sometimes find in ear ones fall out, so would prefer …Thank you for help. Sometimes find in ear ones fall out, so would prefer on or over ear if possible. Wired would be fine. Would listen to quiet radio from my phone yes. Thanks again xx

I know you said prefer on/over. If by any chance your phone is USB Type C I bought these cheap ones for work a while back, purely at the time because my good ones went "missing" from my desk and no-one else really had type c device yet. Really suprised me actually how good they where, use them most days in work for the same reasons as yourself. Inside the box they also had one of those "Ring style" phone stand things but was no meantion of it on the listing. I know they are not "true" noise cancelling but at that price.

amazon.co.uk/Zin…nes

At the time I paid £7.99 for two pairs. (deal I posted below)
hotukdeals.com/dea…230

Though this will give you a laugh when you see the price the same ones are also going for.
amazon.co.uk/YaP…nes
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Feb
Betron earphones. They have fantastic quality for the price too.
Edited by: "Mechtup" 28th Feb
I thought noise cancelling headphones were only any good for continuous noises, ie airplanes etc?
Totally depends how many hours a day you will wear we use jabra ones at work which are comfortable
Original Poster
This is why I love this site!!
Thanks so much for help.
Have ordered the Zinsoko in ear ones to get started with next week. Thinking may be discreet enough to get me through boring meetings
Hadn't realised that noise cancelling wouldn't work on voices!
Am thinking now it would be nice to have an on/over ear set too for general use
Original Poster
Sorry pressed send too quick. Thinking around £50.... Or am I dreaming?? WiFi would be helpful as son hates my taste in music xx
Original Poster
Thanks again xxxx
Are you after noise cancelling or noise isolating? They are different things.

I've got a pair of these for use on flights and when mowing the lawn. They are very good for the money.
7 Day Shop Noise Cancelling Headphones.

you can also get a Bluetooth version,
Original Poster
Bobbajob2 h, 9 m ago

Are you after noise cancelling or noise isolating? They are different …Are you after noise cancelling or noise isolating? They are different things.I've got a pair of these for use on flights and when mowing the lawn. They are very good for the money. 7 Day Shop Noise Cancelling Headphones.you can also get a Bluetooth version,

Oh - didn't know there was a difference!! (Am such a luddite!!)

New job in a shared office where there's lots of distracting telephone calls and conversations going on. Struggling to focus on my work and trying to think of ways to help my poor concentration, and over-tired general middle aged slowness!! xx
Original Poster
Over-ride - not over-tired!!!
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts28th Feb

I know you said prefer on/over. If by any chance your phone is USB Type C …I know you said prefer on/over. If by any chance your phone is USB Type C I bought these cheap ones for work a while back, purely at the time because my good ones went "missing" from my desk and no-one else really had type c device yet. Really suprised me actually how good they where, use them most days in work for the same reasons as yourself. Inside the box they also had one of those "Ring style" phone stand things but was no meantion of it on the listing. I know they are not "true" noise cancelling but at that price. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zinsoko-Isolating-Earphones-Headphones-Smartphones/dp/B01N77ZVML/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519852915&sr=8-4&keywords=pink+usb+type+c+ceramic+earphonesAt the time I paid £7.99 for two pairs. (deal I posted below)https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/zinsoko-noise-isolating-earphones-black-type-c-wired-in-ear-earphones-dynamic-noise-reduction-full-loosless-audio-get-a-white-or-pink-pair-free-799-prime-1198-non-prime-sold-by-atfruk-and-fulfilled-by-amazon-2752230Though this will give you a laugh when you see the price the same ones are also going for. https://www.amazon.co.uk/YaPeach-Earphone-Headphone-Reduction-Microsoft-Pink/dp/B06XCWYLPJ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519859345&sr=8-5&keywords=pink+usb+type+c+earphones

Just call me d*ckhead!!
Ordered these - they look really pretty, but when I tried to plug them in I realized I don't have a type C phone.
Sooooo I ordered a type C to micro usb adapter, excitedly plugged them in and started my MP3.
Thought the sound was a bit quiet for full volume. Took me a full 5 minutes to realise that I am plugging headphones into the power socket so the sound was of course coming from the phone speaker.
FFS!! Sure I didn't used to be this stupid!!
Anyone know if there's a round thing to type C adapter please - and if so what they are called?
Ta xx
DianeFR1 h, 10 m ago

Just call me d*ckhead!! Ordered these - they look really pretty, but when …Just call me d*ckhead!! Ordered these - they look really pretty, but when I tried to plug them in I realized I don't have a type C phone.Sooooo I ordered a type C to micro usb adapter, excitedly plugged them in and started my MP3.Thought the sound was a bit quiet for full volume. Took me a full 5 minutes to realise that I am plugging headphones into the power socket so the sound was of course coming from the phone speaker.FFS!! Sure I didn't used to be this stupid!!Anyone know if there's a round thing to type C adapter please - and if so what they are called?Ta xx

Lol, but sorry to cut a long story short, it's not possible to use type c earphones with type b, even using a converter.
Original Poster
Thank you.........
Anyone need some very pretty pink type C earphones?????? xx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions