Cheap PC

Found 3rd Jun
Hey, does anyone have any tips on finding cheap pc's (like under £10 cheap) for refurbishing/upgrading yourself?
Thanks!
Community Updates
AskComputersPC
6 Comments
Under £10 no. It’ll cost you that to just ship a tower with equipment in it.

Try gumtree there are full old computers on there for £30+
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 3rd Jun
Try the local council tip.

I needed a hard drive for mine and spitte pcs at the tip inside its own cage. Spoke to a worker who let me have a hard drive.
£10 no way.. you could buy a part like say an old HDD or some DDR2 ram or something maybe even an old case. but if your looking to upgrade what exactly do you want to start with?

Cheap parts can be obtained from CEX but that is a roulette spin on condition and quality.

or you oculd try somewhere like mcscom.co.uk/
If you know any university lecturers get them to ask their IT department for one. They usually have stacks of them, especially now with the Spectre and Meltdown processor bugs spooking about.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 3rd Jun
Probably only a local "collection only" ebay auction where the PC bidprice starts sub-£10 and doesn't receive any bids, except for yours !
Caroline_19938 h, 34 m ago

Try the local council tip. I needed a hard drive for mine and spitte pcs …Try the local council tip. I needed a hard drive for mine and spitte pcs at the tip inside its own cage. Spoke to a worker who let me have a hard drive.

Thank you @Caroline_19, I took your advice and headed down to the tip and found two!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants