Cheap printer

Posted 16th May
Hi I'm looking for cheap printer for occasional use only must be compatible with iPhone and Wireless

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Printers aren't the expensive part,ink is.

Have a look at HPs which offer an Instant Ink service. Basically you sign up to a monthly subscription based on the amount of pages you print and they send you the ink accordingly so can work out fairly cheap that way and you don't have to worry about ink running out.

Someone said there ink had dried out after not using it for ages and HP sent them replacements no questions asked.
Sc4mp016/05/2020 09:48

Printers aren't the expensive part,ink is.Have a look at HPs which offer …Printers aren't the expensive part,ink is.Have a look at HPs which offer an Instant Ink service. Basically you sign up to a monthly subscription based on the amount of pages you print and they send you the ink accordingly so can work out fairly cheap that way and you don't have to worry about ink running out.Someone said there ink had dried out after not using it for ages and HP sent them replacements no questions asked.

Cheers basically I'll be printing very rarely it's just a nice to have
Inkjets aren't good for occasional use because the ink drys out. Search on HUKD for a brother laser. The toner they come with should last you agree and compatibles are cheap when you do need to replace them.
Lowtrawler16/05/2020 10:13

Inkjets aren't good for occasional use because the ink drys out. Search on …Inkjets aren't good for occasional use because the ink drys out. Search on HUKD for a brother laser. The toner they come with should last you agree and compatibles are cheap when you do need to replace them.

Canon ??
Brother because of the cheap compatibles.
steveo7316/05/2020 09:59

Cheers basically I'll be printing very rarely it's just a nice to have

If you print 15 pages or less it's free, 50 pages would be £1.99

So it would cost you nothing and wouldn't have to buy inks either.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 16th May
That's great I'll lol for that , guess it's dodo scanner ??

Any ones you would recommend sub £50
I recently bought the HP8250 which after cashback brought it down to £51 but I've seen a lot of people mentioning the HP Envy range as half decent and around about the £50 mark.

Unfortunately I couldn't advise much on them as I didn't look in to them at the time.
Ok but thanks for your help
Sc4mp016/05/2020 11:46

I recently bought the HP8250 which after cashback brought it down to £51 …I recently bought the HP8250 which after cashback brought it down to £51 but I've seen a lot of people mentioning the HP Envy range as half decent and around about the £50 mark.Unfortunately I couldn't advise much on them as I didn't look in to them at the time.

Ok I might get envy 5010
I purchased this HP LaserJet Pro M15W Mono Laser Printer

argos.co.uk/product/8144913

I went for laser jet as I will only use rarely. Printing straight from phone and/or IPad. Only prints black and white but I’m not worried about colour.

Only printed 20 sheets so far but was easy to set up and works how I need it to.
Edited by: "Ian104" 16th May
Sc4mp016/05/2020 11:46

I recently bought the HP8250 which after cashback brought it down to £51 …I recently bought the HP8250 which after cashback brought it down to £51 but I've seen a lot of people mentioning the HP Envy range as half decent and around about the £50 mark.Unfortunately I couldn't advise much on them as I didn't look in to them at the time.

This look any good ??
Sc4mp016/05/2020 11:09

If you print 15 pages or less it's free, 50 pages would be £1.99 So it …If you print 15 pages or less it's free, 50 pages would be £1.99 So it would cost you nothing and wouldn't have to buy inks either.

Do the 15 pages apply every month? If you don’t use them will you have 30 to use next month etc? Or do they expire?
comput117/05/2020 00:12

Do the 15 pages apply every month? If you don’t use them will you have 30 t …Do the 15 pages apply every month? If you don’t use them will you have 30 to use next month etc? Or do they expire?

Freebie 15ppm indefinitely; no roll over.
15 pages every month, no rollover on free pages.
If you print more than that it is £1 for 10 pages. Those paid for pages do roll over. I've been on the scheme about 15 months now, got charged £1 last year when I printed too much one month, still got 7 pages credit
Thanks for info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions