Cheap protein?

Found 13th Aug 2017
For all the gym goers, what foods do you buy for your protein? And where? I.e which supermarket and price?

Also do you use protein shakes? If so which one...

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I don't go to the gym but as a vegetarian need protein all the same. Pulses and beans are good source.
Protein shakes are full of crap. Just eat beans and meat
Chicken, turkey, myprotein whey, peanut butter, tuna. In that order, but not together!
There are five guys in my office who use MyProtein, they all say it's the best quality and price.
andre400021 h, 43 m ago

I don't go to the gym but as a vegetarian need protein all the same. …I don't go to the gym but as a vegetarian need protein all the same. Pulses and beans are good source.

Sounds interesting..any pulses or beans you would recommend? And where to buy them from?
bibizizi21 h, 9 m ago

Chicken, turkey, myprotein whey, peanut butter, tuna. In that order, but …Chicken, turkey, myprotein whey, peanut butter, tuna. In that order, but not together!

Thanks I'll add those to my diet
Bigfootpete29 m ago

There are five guys in my office who use MyProtein, they all say it's the …There are five guys in my office who use MyProtein, they all say it's the best quality and price.

Yeah Myprotein keeps coming up as a reliable and cost effective source of protein I must try it
zoop45814th Aug

Sounds interesting..any pulses or beans you would recommend? And where to …Sounds interesting..any pulses or beans you would recommend? And where to buy them from?

Most beans are around 20% protein so depending on your goals choose based on fat. I'm super skinny so I eat chickpeas which are 20% fat, others like kidney beans are under 1% fat. 3-4 cans are a pound at supermarkets, that's 1KG net drained beans, 200g protein same as a whole chicken.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions