Need a cheap PS4 DualShock controller. Does anyone know where I can buy cheap
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
argos.co.uk/sea…er/

Wired ones £19.99

The official ones are normal price £49.99
Edited by: "_Tris_" 28th Jun
Prices have skyrocketed since lockdown began!!! Wish I’d grabbed one for 30 quid before all of this kicked off. Oh well, might have to bite if it goes sub £50 for an official controller
There seems to be a red one on Gumtree based in Huddersfield if that helps and they seem to be open to offers as well!
cycIone28/06/2020 18:22

There seems to be a red one on Gumtree based in Huddersfield if that helps …There seems to be a red one on Gumtree based in Huddersfield if that helps and they seem to be open to offers as well!

Huddersfield is a bit far but thanks for trying to help
Adamc0228/06/2020 18:38

Huddersfield is a bit far but thanks for trying to help

No worries, not sure if the seller is offering postage but from the pics the product seems to be an official one
summerhaus28/06/2020 17:51

Prices have skyrocketed since lockdown began!!! Wish I’d grabbed one for 3 …Prices have skyrocketed since lockdown began!!! Wish I’d grabbed one for 30 quid before all of this kicked off. Oh well, might have to bite if it goes sub £50 for an official controller

Yeah mine broke and I don’t want to pay much for one because they’re expensive
There's a for sale board over at AVforums. usually cost about £30 there for an official one.
When you say its broke what's up with it? I've been fixing them for a while now, might be able to help
Bought one from Very + £6 t-shirt using their £20 off £50 spend click. Sold my controller on ebay as faulty.
Toon_army28/06/2020 19:45

When you say its broke what's up with it? I've been fixing them for a …When you say its broke what's up with it? I've been fixing them for a while now, might be able to help

The charging port is broken at the top. I’ve bought a new charging port piece and replaced it but it still doesn’t work
I_Wish28/06/2020 19:46

Bought one from Very + £6 t-shirt using their £20 off £50 spend click. So …Bought one from Very + £6 t-shirt using their £20 off £50 spend click. Sold my controller on ebay as faulty.

Where’s this £20 off £50 spend offer ?
Adamc0229/06/2020 08:44

Where’s this £20 off £50 spend offer ?

I got sent an email with the offer using 20BACK, codes are account specific. You can try see if it works on your account.
Adamc0229/06/2020 08:37

The charging port is broken at the top. I’ve bought a new charging port p …The charging port is broken at the top. I’ve bought a new charging port piece and replaced it but it still doesn’t work

could always buy a charging dock, charges from the bottom.
Azwipe29/06/2020 12:21

could always buy a charging dock, charges from the bottom.

I have a charging dock but my PS4 controller isn’t connected to my PS4 and the only way to pair the controller to the console is through usb
Adamc0229/06/2020 08:37

The charging port is broken at the top. I’ve bought a new charging port p …The charging port is broken at the top. I’ve bought a new charging port piece and replaced it but it still doesn’t work

Did you get the right one, did you match the model number up i.e JDM-040 or JDM-011 to your motherboard?
Also the ribbon cable that come with them sometimes are crap so use your original instead.

Adamc0229/06/2020 16:07

I have a charging dock but my PS4 controller isn’t connected to my PS4 and …I have a charging dock but my PS4 controller isn’t connected to my PS4 and the only way to pair the controller to the console is through usb

The controller you can sync without a cable, hold the share button and PS button for 10 seconds together the light bar will flash. Go into your settings, device, controller and register it. Or it might be settings, bluetooth devices, then you'll be able to sync it

Like I say if you get stuck with anybody on these I know them better than anybody and happy to help
Toon_army29/06/2020 17:16

Did you get the right one, did you match the model number up i.e JDM-040 …Did you get the right one, did you match the model number up i.e JDM-040 or JDM-011 to your motherboard?Also the ribbon cable that come with them sometimes are crap so use your original instead.The controller you can sync without a cable, hold the share button and PS button for 10 seconds together the light bar will flash. Go into your settings, device, controller and register it. Or it might be settings, bluetooth devices, then you'll be able to sync it Like I say if you get stuck with anybody on these I know them better than anybody and happy to help

I reset my PlayStation before all of this, that’s why my controller isn’t connected in the first place. I tried the hold the share and ps button for 10 seconds, it does flash but it still doesn’t connect for some reason.
Adamc0229/06/2020 17:41

I reset my PlayStation before all of this, that’s why my controller isn’t c …I reset my PlayStation before all of this, that’s why my controller isn’t connected in the first place. I tried the hold the share and ps button for 10 seconds, it does flash but it still doesn’t connect for some reason.

Settings, Devices, Bluetooth Devices... then hold the buttons, should pop up on the list.

41245820-oy6Lg.jpg
That's what it'll look like, ignore all my controllers it's just from older ones I've only got 4 now
41245833-h7BPJ.jpg
Just opened a controller to show you the model number, see it says JDS-001 you link yours to that, quick google. But like I say the ribbon cables they send are usually poop
Toon_army29/06/2020 18:20

Settings, Devices, Bluetooth Devices... then hold the buttons, should pop …Settings, Devices, Bluetooth Devices... then hold the buttons, should pop up on the list.[Image] That's what it'll look like, ignore all my controllers it's just from older ones I've only got 4 now

I can’t get onto settings because I only have one controller unfortunately
Adamc0229/06/2020 19:14

Ah right my bad, thought you might have two. Have you got a mate or family member who could pop round with theirs or lend you one for 10mins?
Did you try your old cable on the pad, and did you make sure it was the same model number you fitted? Cheap as chips for a new USB port normally £2 or around £2.60 with a cable, fitted bloody loads.
And fixed loads of stick drift, the sensors on the analog sticks get dirty over time and people think there broke
Toon_army29/06/2020 21:20

Ah right my bad, thought you might have two. Have you got a mate or family …Ah right my bad, thought you might have two. Have you got a mate or family member who could pop round with theirs or lend you one for 10mins?Did you try your old cable on the pad, and did you make sure it was the same model number you fitted? Cheap as chips for a new USB port normally £2 or around £2.60 with a cable, fitted bloody loads.And fixed loads of stick drift, the sensors on the analog sticks get dirty over time and people think there broke

Yes I’ve tried both cables but I’m not a 100% sure what jds charging port is used for my controller because I’ve tried a few to try get it working again.
41247980-RDIcG.jpg
Right so you've opened the controller and fitted a new one of these?

41248134-1MEEl.jpg
Have a look on your old charging port for the model, then compare it to the new one you've bought, not all are compatible with each other that's why you need to check the code. Plus some are 14 pins on the cable and some 10

Hopefully I'll be able to save your controller and tell you what you need
Edited by: "Toon_army" 29th Jun
Adamc0229/06/2020 19:14

USB keyboard will also work
Post a comment
@
    Text